Kev's New Car

Kev946

OK time to own up. I now have a new car sitting in my garage. I collected it today from the dealers in Poole and had a long drive home hence the late post. I've known about this car for a while but it was all dependent on when it would be delivered from the factory.

I reckon a few of you will have already guessed what it is. It's something I always wanted when I had the Zed but I went all expensive and sensible and bought the BMW. Well since my wife has bought a nice new used car it was time to go for what I always wanted. I knew exactly what to buy so it didn't take me long to find the right car and spec. Also, fortunately I got a great trade in on the Beamer as well.

For those of you who need a clue, let's just say I've gone back to basics and I don't mean another Zed, (sorry). Also check out the sig.

OK start guessing... :thumbs:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinbad and H5 are spot on... :thumbs:

It's a Lotus Exige S with Sports & Super Touring Packs in Solar Yellow. The reason for the uncertainty over availability is it's one of the first 2008 spec cars, which was a real bonus as there's some nice upgrades over the 2007 car.

Pictures to follow.... :yahoo:

Sinbad and H5 are spot on... :thumbs:

It's a Lotus Exige S with Sports & Super Touring Packs in Solar Yellow. The reason for the uncertainty over availability is it's one of the first 2008 spec cars, which was a real bonus as there's some nice upgrades over the 2007 car.

Pictures to follow.... :yahoo:

nice mate get pics up B)

Nice choice Kev.

A good friend of mine took delivery of a new 2007 S with performance pack a couple of months ago. He is very pleased with it overall and was also impressed when he did a track day at Donny with it.

Cool.. :thumbs:

No such thing as a performance pack BTW.

Perhaps it's the sport pack then? Anyway, he also has a Caterham that is circa 230 bhp, and whilst the Exige is obviously not as quick as the Caterham due to weight difference, he still finds it a very quick and able motor.

It could be the Sports or Super Sports. The Super Sports gets coilovers and lighter wheels.

I bet there isn't much difference in lap times between the 2. I've done track days with NA Exige's and even they are way quicker than the Cossie due to the cornering speeds and grip they have.

Well done Kev looks great.....could do with a little more carbon.....

And a few trips to where it belongs.

At Abbeville (1 place left) on Friday and Folembray (lots of room) on Saturday if you want an outing both likely to rain a little unfortunately.

Fantastic.... how quickly did that happen from perhaps selling to owning a lotus :lol:

Some hard work talking to dealers though, but worth the effort.

Well done Kev looks great.....could do with a little more carbon.....

And a few trips to where it belongs.

At Abbeville (1 place left) on Friday and Folembray (lots of room) on Saturday if you want an outing both likely to rain a little unfortunately.

Has to be run in properly unfortunately, which means no more than 4500 rpm for the first 600 miles and then only short bursts aafter that up to the 1000 mile oil service. So will be a while before I can rev to 8500 rpm...

:scare:

Once its ready we need to get a Zed, your new baby, baps white thing a certain black HSV and my cat out and see what can be done with each.

Enjoy in the mean time, sure it will be ready for easter.

PS jealousy as mine only goes to 82-8300 and cannot be there for a 30 secs as twenty year old 1.8 rover engine is just not up to a long haul.

Once its ready we need to get a Zed, your new baby, baps white thing a certain black HSV and my cat out and see what can be done with each.

Enjoy in the mean time, sure it will be ready for easter.

PS jealousy as mine only goes to 82-8300 and cannot be there for a 30 secs as twenty year old 1.8 rover engine is just not up to a long haul.

Don't forget Sarnie's Tango ;)

Starting to sound like a plan.....any others....would love to see either a 335i or 535d if there is one hiding out there.

Could still get North Weald during the week, with the winter weather it would be less wear-tear for everyone's tyres.

Don't forget me :cry: