which one to buy

nigess

Believe me I will be asking what proof he has of everything i'm not going to throw my money away if he can't tell me and show me what I need to know I will be driving home again with my deposit in hand and the search will start again

Edited by nigess

Why not get that information before you get in your car and waste time and fuel?

I know I seem like Im having a pop but Ive been through this myself and 9 times out of 10, if the guys isnt sending you the info as soon as you start asking questions he has something to hide. Good luck, I really hope its the right car for you but alarm bells are ringing ..........

• Like 1

Hey!

Just my 2p's worth.

I have a MG ZS 180 and a 350z DE engine. I love them both for different reasons.

The Nissan is a completely different animal to the MG and is such fun to drive. You will love a 350 - it's a great step up from the MG. I'm just attached to mine so I kept both :)

John

My ZS was modified before I got it and its a great car but i'm 55 and I want a quick car that doesn't scream boy racer. I know that if I get revup Z it will be fast enough etc but I really want an HR for some reason Actually really want a 370 but hey

Having owned both a Revup and a HR in the last 12 months, I would say this.

If you can afford HR go for it... If not go for RevUp

The differences are...small enough that they dont make too much of a difference.

Both are fun, Both have the same composure.

Sadly my Revup was written off last month, A member of the forums has purchased it from the salvage yard so it might be up for sale, if I'd known someone to fix it I would of fixed it as aside from the minor accident the car was utterly perfect.

I don't know if you have read the thread but the car i'm looking at is an HR was cat d write off 58 plate but fixed £6700 35k miles and i'm so tempted but the guys on here think it's a bad idea in general

I nearly bought that one... The white one right?did you ask him what wrote it off?

I asked that and a few other questions, the one he didn't answer was why was it written off.

Take it for a test drive?

I have now asked the same question why was it written off. Let's see if I get an answer if I don't I will not be looking at the car Monday. I'm glad CJRamze posted that message as now alarm bells are ringing if I don't get a satisfactory answer or even no answer that's that for this car

• Like 1

All i would say on this matter is that all the versions are great in their own way. But just to add, id be wanting one with a good history and 2, seriously take your time when choosing one...dont go buy the first one you see (which will need self control!!), but, theres plenty to choose from...choose one within your budget. Pistonheads is a good place to check a few out and compare.

I got mine last month, '04 Gunmetal with the DE engine. £7,500 and it has only 37k with full Nissan service history.

Oh and it has the GT pack with Rays alloys. If it was me I'd rather get a lower model with low mileage and full history than stretch my budget to something that could cost me a lot in repairs/servicing

• Like 1

This is the email I just had from the dealer. The Nissan is in very very good condition. It has been well looked after. Servicing has been done on time. I checked oil when we first got the Nissan in and it was like honey. A lot of the servicing has been done at ABBEY Motorsport i am sure you have heard of them. There is also lots and lots of bills as well as the service book.

There's nothing in the ad that would put me off going to look at it - the front bumper appears to be peppered with stone chips (not unusual, especially for that mileage), the driver's seat bolster looks worn too and the engine bay needs a bit of a tidy; it's both filthy and has a few rusty bolts. None of which is necessarily a problem but all bargaining points.

It's got a good service history and Abbey are traders on here so they might be able to give you more information on it.

Worth going for a look in my opinion.

Could be good, might be terrible. You can't really tell from a few pictures and a few lines of text.

It only has part service history which might set alarm bells ringing, but again, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a lemon. A car could have FNSH, low warranted miles and 1 owner but then 6 months after buying it could develop a serious fault and conversely a high mileage dog might run and run and run.

A mate bought an immaculate low mile 55 plate DE in 2009 for top money and had so many problems (clicking axle, overheating, oil leaks & exhaust problems to name a few). I, on the other hand, bought a slightly tired looking Zed with a ticking engine knowing full well that it might be a lemon. It has given me precisely 0 problems in 4 years except a dead battery. Anecdotal, I know, but there's definitely an element of luck attached to used car purchases.

What I'm saying is just go in with your eyes open and definitely have a look at a few, I know it's easy to follow your heart and buy the first one you see, but driving and looking at a few will put you in much better stead to find one which is the one you want. If it's your dream car then get the best one you can.