harryjackson's Build Thread

harryjackson

Right, firstly Hello all :wave: you may have seen me around the forums posting on various threads :-)

Well where do I start with this- I picked up my Zed from Worcester sometime in august cant remember the exact date - this is what she looked like on the day I picked her up!

max_zps749bdf43.jpg

As you can tell she has some mods already - came with the GT pack add ons - im sure you all know what they are by now :D

Nismo V2 bumper

Plenum Spacer

JWT Pop Charger (now for sale)

Cat back custom exhaust

The car had covered 103,000 miles when i picked her up- sale was through the forum and the car has had 11 owners, from the condition of the car you would have never guessed it, pretty decent condition for the miles it has covered and owners its had. So all in all I was a happy bunny :D

So since my ownership the car hasn't had any massive modifications done, just little things here and there but it does have some biggish plans in the next year or two! Lets start here with the mods I have done-

First I was shocked to see when I went to see the car it didn't have a stubby aerial - first mod ;)

0CBE31CE-2771-4DB9-B032-F5C076FE1E43_zps0vnmodio.jpg

2nd mod was to install rear number plate lights, replaced the yellow tinged ones with white LEDs.

D9FC1D5F-D0F0-4CA7-8B90-B60CD5754ECA_zpsqdk1upff.jpg

During all these small mods I was also tidying up the car, it had a full leather decontamination and a full paint correction, done at home by me so isn't perfect but darn good for an amateur first time attempt :D

04313516-37D9-43D3-87CD-32C341C31C35_zpsrsjhgbac.jpg

IMG_7666_zpsfbdfad79.jpg

This photo was edited as it wasnt in very good focus (ripped off snapchat)

715B4831-E813-40FB-B86E-1F60BFDB73C8_zpsga6oge7o.jpg

Plastic made look "black" again!

FE64B1E7-8ED9-4524-8329-9EC200793332_zpsz8u8btab.jpg

ED959904-1C57-4DFC-957D-A53FA94C1559_zpsxjujknop.jpg

40FFDB53-7987-4303-8D94-D90636BB8567_zpsziadrntz.jpg

Next mod was a little more substantial I braved having my roof wrapped in Gloss black and windows tinted in limo(darkest you can get)

2_zpse71b548c.jpg4_zps44819874.jpg

Next up was exhaust, the car already came with a custom CAT-back exhaust which was based on a HKS Hi Power it did sound mighty good as it was but I wanted to eek some more power out of the exhaust system so I installed some silenced de cats :teeth: here is some videos of the car revving while warm( the was straight after the de cats had been fitted, and under a railway bridge so might sound tinny to some). The other video is of a cold start about 1 month ago after 300 miles with de cats installed!

1_zps8fd2890a.jpg

http://vid1377.photo...zpscbulqeuu.mp4

PLEASE EXCUSE THE FILTHY CAR, SHE'D BEEN GETTING SOME LOVE ON THE TWISTY ROADS OF WARWICKSHIRE :D

http://vid1377.photo...zpss5qphvbw.mp4

Next up I wanted to add a flash of colour and shine to my engine bay but I also added some increased airflow as I was instructed by Bennett(GT4 Zed) that the 06 airbox was the best air intake you can buy for the 350z without spending stupid money on a fancy intake system. So heres the changes I made, Battery and Brake Fluid covers sprayed in Flame Red, by myself, nice finsh on those I must say, Polished intake pipe, 06 revup airbox, Carbon bonnet struts, Z1 motorsport coolant hoses, rare JDM engine harness and last but not least Nismo oil filler cap :blush:

3C96217A-53F9-470D-BFAC-F00F7B85C26F_zpsjjbtgxbk.jpg

That concludes the small mods on this section, i'll be adding more very soon!

Thanks for looking :D

• Like 1

Okay so I said I would be adding more very soon!

I wanted to make this a separate post for this special modification as its a rather large one.

Zed was in for a suspension and bushing upgrade, the car has received HKS Hipermax RS coilovers and a full poly bush setup( partly completed) here are some photos of the fitting of them :D

18386E17-9D41-4C78-83CB-F8C3C1FC3034_zpsh1vkgxzd.jpg

8E6F411E-5E50-4744-8E56-CB95DB072514_zpssawu22tz.jpg

C2787377-84B7-4A8B-A657-03336204DB7B_zpsnmlesixe.jpg

2D2C85AA-107A-45A0-8B25-5B9A83272B69_zps5lazyi5j.jpg

D656EA8A-F3C1-4107-B145-9426ED891CEE_zps7gwe9gf3.jpg

Unfortunately no photos of the bushings but I promise you they're in, also to my very pleasant surprise there we're some eibach anti roll bars front and back so zed is looking good for now, only a few more mods to do on suspension sides of things.

Then moving onto brakes, nothing too massive yet just an upgrade to the brembos :)

Thanks for looking B)

• Like 1

Nice one Harry, I have to say when you came round she looked great but never thought she'd had 11 drivers. Great condition :thumbs:

Thanks bud! Yes credit to all the previous owners to there hard work on keeping her in that condition. I will continue the love and keep her in tip top shape. Thanks for your help though the first stages good sir :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by harryjackson

Enjoyed reading that Harry and the Zed look's good especially for a high mileage vehicle. ;)

Have to say as well loved the sound of the exhaust under that railway bridge. B):D

Thanks buddy, should be attending some meets next year to see other peoples builds. I hear you have a little supercharger build going on :D very exciting stuff!!

Enjoyed reading that Harry and the Zed look's good especially for a high mileage vehicle. ;)

Have to say as well loved the sound of the exhaust under that railway bridge. B):D

Thanks buddy, should be attending some meets next year to see other peoples builds. I hear you have a little supercharger build going on :D very exciting stuff!!

Fully up & running. B) Finished it in October so just enjoying it now which is nice. :D

Fully up & running. B) Finished it in October so just enjoying it now which is nice. :D

Cool, what are you running now? And what are the plans? :-)

Fine looking Z. I have owned high mileage cars in the past and have had no problems with them all. It depends how well they have been looked after. Sounds great as well.

The way I see it, high milage means reliable. I check oil level every 2 weeks to be sure, I like keeping her the best she can be. My pride and joy :D

Dyno results where 436bhp@fly which I'm happy with.

Click on the link in my signature Harry and it will take you to my build thread if you fancy a good read. ;)

Current plans are just to enjoy the Zed for a bit and go to some shows/meets/track days etc next year. :drive1

Dyno results where 436bhp@fly which I'm happy with.

Click on the link in my signature Harry and it will take you to my build thread if you fancy a good read.

Current plans are just to enjoy the Zed for a bit and go to some shows/meets/track days etc next year.

Sounds very nice number :D Good i'll be looking out for you :thumbs: currently reading through your build thread :D

• Like 1

P.S. Your bonnet dampers are fitted upside down :teeth:

Good spot Ian. ;)

How embarrassing 😱😱😱

No harm done & very easily done, ...plus at least you know now so you can rectify it. ;)

Yes you're right. Only a few bolts :-) I've had no problems with the bonnet opening or closing though tbh

Yes you're right. Only a few bolts :-) I've had no problems with the bonnet opening or closing though tbh

You shouldn't need to undo any bolts, ...just remove the gas struts from the mounts & turn them around.

Depending on the one's you have you will have to either just gently leaver the strut from the ball socket or (like the one below in the pic) pull a pin out & then leaver out of the socket.

D7EAB7EC-08E4-49B1-BBFD-4120541C013E-12699-0000081FB408018A.jpg

Struts should fit on like the ones below when fitted correctly. ;)

34616EB1-05DD-4608-A0EF-F31AEF94715C-13114-0000085402C69474.jpg

:thumbs:

Edit: Also I don't think it's so much that it will cause a problem with opening & closing it's more that they are designed to work a certain way so if fitted the other way the seals inside the struts will fail quickly as they don't get lubricated properly.

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1