Shared Equity Land Registry

Flex

So I've been offered the opportunity to buy out the shared equity from my house (think the builders are in the @*!#).

Seems like a pretty good deal, almost 50% of what it's worth at market value.

Question is, do I need to appoint a solicitor or can I just speak to the land registry? As far as I can see it's just the land registry releasing the charge from the builder and transferring title it to me. How complicated can it be?

Anyone any experience/advice on this?

Get a solicitor. Any transfers of interest in land must be made in writing and conform to certain formality requirements. You don't want your purchase to be made void a few years down the line when property prices are 50% higher, do you?

How complicated can it be?

About as complicated as it gets in legal matters. When dealing with real estate you can just get away with DIY in residential renting/letting, but anything involving buying/selling/gifting is STRICTLY NOT DIYable.

Edited by comrade

Sarnie said he's never worked with a good one. Cheers chirag pm coming soon as I feel the overall consensus is not to diy lol.

:lol:

My experience is that nearly all of them are ridiculously incompetent. I do have a company that we used to refer people to but after countless people telling me that they were impossible to get hold of, never responded to calls or emails etc I've stopped as it's not worth the aggro of clients complaining to me about the Solicitors that I've recommended, not being up to scratch.....

• Like 1