Number Plate advice

gumpy000

Hi guys and gals,

my Zed is in the bodyshop this weekend for a dent removal and my GT splitter to be painted and fitted but I cant decide what to do with the number plate. do i flush out the front? If so, where to put the front number plate?

also do I get Pressed plates for the zed? or an alternative?

anyone got any ideas what to do? anyone done this themselves?

would love some ideas!

cheers

I had my front smoothed, debadged and use a vinyl plate. It looks a million times better than having that plate holder on it. I use a standard plate size with the correct font/spacing etc The way I see it is that vinyl plates aren't legal so if I try to make it look as legal as possible Im much less likely to get grief over it.

You'll need to find a friendly MOT place though - or temporarily stick your old plate back on.

Vinyl plates are legal, they just won't pass MOT and do not conform to the correct standards so you're asking for a 7 day wonder.

Just stick a normal size plate on the bumper where it's supposed to be. Any lower and you risk blocking airflow to the rad, any higher and it just looks a bit silly.