Window not working properly. Arg...

Alf

Hey everyone, a couple weeks back I was visiting my parents and on the way home I noticed that there was a strange clicking sound coming from inside my door shortly after having done the window up with the auto close. After I had realised that it was the window mechanism/motor making the clicking sound I took it down and up a few times and the noise stopped.

However, it doesn't end there, once I arrived back home and shut my door, it made a new horrible sound.

Upon further inspection, the window was hitting the body work!!! :angry::dry:

Thankfully though, no damage to either. :D

Looks to me like the open/close feature on the window when you close the door is not working properly. Also, the window seems to have forgotten where it is supposed stop! It has pushed up and split through the rubber.

20141217_163043628_iOS.jpg

20141217_163034758_iOS.jpg

I have found that before slamming the door shut, if I just put a bit of weight on the glass right by the mirror, it drops down a few millimetres and then I can shut the door without it making contact, the window then closes that small amount the way it is supposed to. But it does not drop if I open and shut the door again.

Today I managed to take some time and stripped the door card off to have a squiz around. Nothing looks out of place as far as I can see, but I don't have my socket set with me, so couldn't remove the metal panel which holds the runners and motor to have a proper look.

Whilst I was there, I reset the motor but it did not solve anything.

Any one else had a similar issue or have any ideas?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

Thanks in advance.

Alf. =]

It needs to relearn its open and closed limits. I can't remember how you do it on the zed but I know other cars you hold the button to open it right to the bottom and keep holding it for 5 seconds after it hits bottom. Then right up to the top and hold it for 5 seconds again.

Might work on the zed but I can't remember. I think it's more complex.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, but like I said, I already tried that. Unless I did it wrong? The button I was pushing to do the reset/re-learn was a little black rubber thing, I am pretty certain that it is the correct thing, but it was very stiff and I was not sure if it was even engaging whilst I was pushing it in. I was applying quite a reasonable amount of pressure.

My window seems to be a tad loose, well there is little play. Do you guys notice the same thing on your own windows?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all. Been searching for an answer to my question but not having much luck. The drivers side window aint working at all. no noise or sound. Am i right in saying that i need a new motor/regulator?

Hi all. Been searching for an answer to my question but not having much luck. The drivers side window aint working at all. no noise or sound. Am i right in saying that i need a new motor/regulator?

If you do need another motor/regulator try a PM to zmanalex for a good used condition one, ...failing that try Clark Motorsport. :thumbs:

• 7 months later...
I have the same problem on the driver side. Have you managed to fix it yet as I've still had no joy.

Wow, I completely forgot about this post.

I have not managed to get it sorted. I have tried resetting the window stop learn countless times, but gave up.

Didn't have the time to look into it properly and just got used to leaning on the window when opening an closing the door.

Now it's pretty much second nature and I have noticed that when I forget to do it, it doesn't catch the bodywork anymore.

I would still like to resolve this though.

Have you managed to get it sorted?

Alf.