New whip, its quite fast.

docwra

Crikey! whats it like having that much powwerrr and no LSD!?

Interesting, it has a tendency to literally move sideways under power, fortunately the TC is very good but you need a bit of driving experience or it would be a real widowmaker. LSD is definitely on the cards but the e-diff thing isnt as bad as you'd think.

In real life performance its up there with anything Ive driven, including 500+ HP Skylines and 200SX's, its just this instant wave of mad acceleration that doesnt slow down - you have to be very careful that you remember that you need to brake earlier as you are invariably doing 40-60 mph more than you would be in a Zed for instance, thats a lot of speed to lose :surrender:

It was between a 1 and a Cayman, and while I really like the Caymans I just couldnt look past this, modified 1's are proper weapons - M235i was very good but I couldnt face the depreciation, 1M is excellent but you cant really modify it so N54 was the answer. Looking to get it to Spa ASAP to see what it can really do, I reckon at least 30 seconds off my 350's time round there and that wasnt hanging about .........

Im actually in Austria at the moment and ironically my hire car is a proper poverty spec 116i, hero to zero or what? :lol:

• Like 1

M sport calipers and discs (6 pot brembo front with 338mm, 2 pot rear with 324mm), Pagid RS29 pads all round, braided lines, nothing insane.

TBH the Zed has better brakes, but I wonder how much of this is down to the better initial bite of the CL06's Im running, RS29's are supposed to be a lot better once they get warm, I might consider upgrading if they suffer on track, we shall see.

• Like 2

I already thinking of chopping in my e46 M3 and getting one of these with e92 LSD. if you're passing around north london, come pick me up :D

I've just driven a tesla S and i'm really craving loads more torque now!

Edited by flamez