Illuminated Z Kick Plates Installed

sipar69

(Mods Please feel free to delete the topic I accidentally posted earlier on this - wrong bit of the forum - sorry)

This is a really nice mod to add a bit of bling to the 370Z's interior. These are an official Nissan product and I believe can be chosen as an option when ordering the car but none of my three 370Zs have come with them. I sourced the kick plates from Steve at Redline Styling - a trader on the forum. They cost approximately £150.

The installation isn't complicated but it is quite fiddly. It took me about 3 hours. I used a very good guide with pictures which can be found on one of the US forums (you have to register with the forum to see the pictures). (I don't think I'm allowed to post a link).

This install was on my Nismo but the plates work with all variants of the 370.

My top tips to anyone thinking about this are just to take your time and be careful when prying up the panels to access the wiring - it takes patience. And it's worth rigging something up to fish the wire through the small gap behind the dash - I used a wire coat hanger.

The standard kick plate.

imagejpg1_zps85d8b235.jpg

Inner panel removed (passenger side) showing the wiring harnesses you need to access to connect the T-harness for the kick plates.

imagejpg2_zpsb3065b7c.jpg

Inner kick plate removed with carpet and weather strip lifted to route the wires on one side (same procedure on the other side - the wires are routed under the carpet and behind the centre of the dash)

imagejpg3_zpsfbc51ce6.jpg

And the final result - the illuminated part shows best in low light but is still quite visible here....

imagejpg4_zpsb8efb7a2.jpg

• Like 4