Noticed Wheel Brace Damage On A Wheel, What Would You Do?

Turboextreme

Gave my wheels a wipe over today to remove the brake dust after giving them a wash down and noticed a wheel brace chip in the rear wheel which was probably done when the dealership fitted the locking wheel nuts or removed the shipping spacers :rant:.

Should I go back to the dealership even though I didn't notice it when collecting the car as they might deny it but I know for sure its a wheel brace that has done it as I did it myself once on one of my cars?

post-22709-0-26507000-1417272329_thumb.jpg

You can try your luck with them, but if they deny responsibility you've got no hope of pursuing it any further as you yourself aren't even sure it was them, you won't be able to prove anything. They might offer something by way of a good will gesture if you're lucky though - if you don't ask....

Whose to say that wasn't caused by a large stone whilst you where driving though?

Had similar marks done to my Rota alloys which at the time hadn't been taken off since I put them on so the only cause logical was something like a stone flying up from another car in front or driving past.

No harm in trying the Dealer I guess to see what they say but don't expect them to refurb your alloy for that or be overly generous with their help. :dry:;)

Whose to say that wasn't caused by a large stone whilst you where driving though?

Had similar marks done to my Rota alloys which at the time hadn't been taken off since I put them on so the only cause logical was something like a stone flying up from another car in front or driving past.

No harm in trying the Dealer I guess to see what they say but don't expect them to refurb your alloy for that or be overly generous with their help. :dry:;)

Worth a shot but I'd tend to agree with ^^^ above, although if you've not had the car long the dealer might offer to repair as a good will gesture, good luck if you try

Being brutally honest I'm afraid from my experience that does look like it is a stone chip as its too far away from the wheel nuts and I found over 5 years of 370 ownership that the wheels are prone to stone chipping, the wheel design seeming to attract those far more that I saw with the 350 wheels.

Wear and tear I'me afraid, albeit unfortuate for you it so soon after picking the car up.

Bear in mind that I have not heard on a single wheel repair job that has resulted in it matching the others. After 4 years I had all 4 of mine refurbed finally brought on by a very inconsiderate kerb :innocent: , and very pleased with the powder coat job done, but knew there was no way I could expect a match for the OEM from the factory. Just mention that before you tootle off to the dealer who may take pity on you and offer a repair that may turn out not as you had hoped. Will370z had this issue with his.