Rota 18's....

nowhereboy

First off I appologise for starting another thread about offsets :lol:

Back to the subject at hand, as most of you know I'm a right indecisive bugger and I'm back to thinking I would like some rota's instead of spacing out the stock touring wheels.

I'm planning on using my stock sized tyres on the new wheels as they still have loads of tread and I don't fancy shedding out £600 for new ones. I will be lowering the car 30mm and want the most aggressive stance possible without needing to roll the arches or have fitment issues.

I have noticed in 18's the rota GTR's only go to a 9.5J for the rears but the Grid drifts go to a 10J.

Will my 245 tyre stretch over a 10J wheel? And if so what would the best offset be for the rears, the 10J's come in et15 and et20.

My other option would be to get a 9.5 rear but they only come in ET20, would that require a spacer to sit flush with the arch?

If anyone is running 18" rotas I'd love some input as to what set up's your running.

for the best usable stance i would aim for

9.5 et15-20 on the front

10.5 et15-20 on the rear

but your stock tyre will stretch but look a little pointless unless your poking like this

275-1-2004-350z-nissan-enthusiast-2dr-coupe-35l-6cyl-6m-rota-gtr-drift-edition-black-gunmetal-.jpg

If you want to retain stock tyres run

8.5 front

9.5 rear

but your going to want a offset of around 0-15 on the front and an offset of 5-15 in the rear For a 'stanced' look but your gtrd et20 should be fine

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 3

If I was you, I'd scratch the idea of trying to get wheels to fit your tyres....It causes a massive ball ache.

Thats a 245 on a 9.5j Wheel - So you will have more stretch than that to give you an idea.

Your face is a massive ball ache....

Edited by benjy88
  • Like 1

I have 9.5J ET15 fronts and 10.5J ET 15 rears and am running the standard tyres so you will be fine. When I need to replace the tyres I'll most probably change the sizes though, but they look fine for now.

Edited by pjf1985
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input lads.

Do you have any more pictures pjf, side shots etc???

Just noticed the gtr-d comes in a 10J et12 would that be a good option? I'll be changing my tyres next year at some point anyway so if the wider wheel will look better I'm happy to stretch the tyres for the time being.

Thanks for the input lads.

Do you have any more pictures pjf, side shots etc???

Just noticed the gtr-d comes in a 10J et12 would that be a good option? I'll be changing my tyres next year at some point anyway so if the wider wheel will look better I'm happy to stretch the tyres for the time being.

Yes I do, click on the pic I just posted and that'll take you to my photobucket where I have more pics :)

That would be a good choice, unless they do a 10.5J? That's what I'm doing as I still have life in my tyres. It won't be a massive stretch anyway, will probably need to find somewhere with a bead cheater to get them on though.

I'm always curious about wheel weights personally... The RAYS for example are VERY light, I always wonder whether if you replace them with an aftermarket wheel, will they not just make the un-sprung weight a lot more, thus hindering the handling?

I'm always curious about wheel weights personally... The RAYS for example are VERY light, I always wonder whether if you replace them with an aftermarket wheel, will they not just make the un-sprung weight a lot more, thus hindering the handling?

If your fitted wide wheels they will be heavier anyway but the width of tyre that should go on makes up the handeling diffrence

And who wants the same wheel everyone else has

for the best usable stance i would aim for

9.5 et15-20 on the front

10.5 et15-20 on the rear

but your stock tyre will stretch but look a little pointless unless your poking like this

275-1-2004-350z-nissan-enthusiast-2dr-coupe-35l-6cyl-6m-rota-gtr-drift-edition-black-gunmetal-.jpg

If you want to retain stock tyres run

8.5 front

9.5 rear

but your going to want a offset of around 0-15 on the front and an offset of 5-15 in the rear For a 'stanced' look but your gtrd et20 should be fine

DDDAAAAYYYYUUUUUMMMMM... thats one mean looking zed!

• Like 1

Cheers pjf, looks great! The GTR-D's only come in a 10J.

So just to clarify

9.5J et12 gtr up front - 10j et12 gtr-d on the rear

this should work yea?

Looks good, you may need a slight roll on the rear arches once you have it lowered 30mm and fit proper sized tyres next year, but OEM sizes should fit just fine :)