Sky Insurance - A Review

Ekona

You can only use your NCB on one car at a time :)

Some policies you can mirror up to 5 years.

Prestige Keep Moving (see my recent experience of them) http://www.350z-uk.c...ge-keep-moving/

My post from last night seems to have vanished. I'd said that most insurers will give discount to act as NCB if you're insuring a second car with them :)

In my position as a trader I suppose some of my legendary wrath has to be surprised but personally I've always found them to be as full of crap as the rest of them.

I seem to remember having to tear Olly to pieces a few years back over a load of dross they were trying to spout.

That said the line with insurers is that if it's cheap use em. They are ALL absolutely as rubbish as the next when it comes to aftercare so try not to worry.

• Like 1

I have been with Livingstone Warman for the last 2 years and am very pleased with them.

My 1st quote and the one I took out with SKY was £1000. approx and took into consideration all the goodies I have on my car.

After the incident with them I vowed that no way would I ever go back with them.

Anyway at renewal time I got a phone call from SKY asking when could they expect my cheque for £1172 renewal.

A really snotty **** spoke down to me saying it was the best quote I was ever going to get and they used a company called Markerstudy.

Oh really I replied.

So how come I have got a Quote of £680 from Livingstones who coincidently are also using Markerstudy, and have given me an agreed value of £20k.

And to boot a 7500 mile limit as opposed to your 5000 one.

Then just hung up.

I have been very lucky with insurance companies in both dealings and quotes.

But never in my life have I come across such an ignorant bunch of numpties with the IQ of a Donkeys Hind Leg as this lot.

I thought I did, but Sky seem to be hell-bent on testing it :teeth:

I just wonder how many years NCB they'll say I have. I know how many it should be, and I know how many I gave them to start with, but I suspect the numbers will come back significantly different.

Well well, my NCB letter did turn up today, so fair play to them. It also has near enough the right amount of years on it, so I think we can consider this put to bed for now.

As I said earlier, I wouldn't not use Sky again as they gave me a good quote with the cover I wanted, however I'd make sure I was more insistent with them when it's time to leave.