Lowered 350z exhaust issues

Nutter

Hi all,

Any of you people's running exceptionally low Zeds and having issues with exhaust catching everywhere?

I'm looking to get mine tucked but the cats are also an issue, anybody over come these issues? Take the cats out or that?

I'm that low to get over speed bumps I have to plan my journey and find a low part of the kerb to go onto and drive over the spee bump one wheel on the kerb over over bump lol. Trying to find a pic but it's on my Instagram tknutter if you want to see.

Tom

Edited by Nutter

I'm not sure what you want us to say? :lol: it's the low life, you have to sacrifice scuffs, constant y pipe replacements and detours to be low.

If you want luxury - become a pussy and go air ride :p

#teamtarmac

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 2

My last S14 was lowered and was an absolute PITA having to plan journeys whee ther were no speed bumps, even more of a PITA if you're driving in an unfamiliar area. I ended up raising it to a reasonable height but because it was so stiff with extra bracing it was the most uncomfortable car I've driven. It was at its beston track days but as a daily drive it was useless. I've kept my 350Z at a pretty much standard height and i no longer have to visiy my Chiropractor on a regular basis.

Just come back from a round trip to Wales and a bit more - constantly looking out for speed bumps, most you can plan but there are a few you cant and can do nothing about - example Oxford ring road where work is being done just off the Reading road - no warning until you are right on it - big ramp onto a crap temparary surface. still scraped despite hardly moving. Mines fairly low but a lot better since I changed to 18" Rays from the 17" OEM but still get the odd scrape and wince