traded in zed for 335i e92

LukePitt

Sadly got rid of the zed last weekend, spent an absolute fortune on it and really enjoyed owner it but unfortunately the power just wasn't enough. Traded it in for a bmw 335i and I must say the performance is staggering. Currently about 390bhp but will hopefully be about 430 within a month. My blue nismo is now somewhere in Hull.

It's a 2007, can't seem to download pictures from my phone and recently broke my laptop screen. Will get some on here soon though as I need to post pictures of a couple of items for sale at the same time. Really impressed so far though, certainly isn't as flash as the zed but I do like it.

It's a 2007, can't seem to download pictures from my phone and recently broke my laptop screen. Will get some on here soon though as I need to post pictures of a couple of items for sale at the same time. Really impressed so far though, certainly isn't as flash as the zed but I do like it.

Same as my old mans then. His is a 2007 335i as well, ....twin turbo job then Luke. B):teeth:

Pretty rapid motor for sure. ;)

Yea it's got a few mods already, the main one being a jb4 tuning package but they just seem to have so much tuning potential. Hopefully be upto 430 bhp with 500 tq very soon so should be pretty darn quick then.

I haven't driven my Dads but one thing I know he loves is the versatility of the paddle shifters. Really good how you can use both of those, just one of them or the gear stick. B)

Enjoy the new motor. :thumbs:

The only thing with the zed is you need to spend an absolute fortune to get any noticeable gains, I spent about £2500 and gained about 30bhp with the bmw a simple jb4 gets 60-70 bhp and costs about £400. With downpipes, fmic and induction your over 400 bhp straight away, apparently bmw massively underated them so they didn't shadow the m3, nearly all stock have been dyno'd 330bhp +.

im thinking of charging the z but makes you think again with that power out of the box

That's the thing though ~ do you just want a fast car or do you want the Zed to be a faster car?

If it's the former then just sell up & buy a different car, ..but if it's the latter then you know it's not going to be cheap but you will have a more unique faster Zed afterwards.

• Like 2

I think the standard figures for the 335i are pretty poor really. A modern 3litre turbo which manages slightly faster 0-60 and 1/4 times than the DE.

Glad you like it but I find it a very boring common car which looks like a 320d.

• Like 4

Congrats on the purchase OP. How are you aiming to hit 420bhp? Meth or uprated turbos??

If not done already I really would recommend sorting out the handling of the thing before upping the BHP. Better suspension and a Quaife LSD in my view are essential mods......

Talking about mods, that's probably the biggest problem with the 335i, there's just so much on the market. Here's the latest for my car, new backboxes, but that is really it for me regarding mods :)

I think the standard figures for the 335i are pretty poor really. A modern 3litre turbo which manages slightly faster 0-60 and 1/4 times than the DE.

Glad you like it but I find it a very boring common car which looks like a 320d.

I dismissed the 335i for a long time purely because it was a BMW and that was the last brand on earth I wanted to go to replace my Z, but if your after a quick, practical, luxury, small saloon, it really is only between the 335i or the S4.

The engine output in the 335i is constrained by BMW so that it doesn't clash with the M3. The new M3/M4 putting out 400bhp is running essentially the same engine but with lots of additional cooling.

The fact my car looks like a 320D to 95% of the public is one of the reasons I love it. You really cannot tell by looking at it, but when you put your foot down there's very little on the road that can keep up, certainly surprised the RS5 owner that I tailgated on the autobahn upto about 140 :)

400bhp+ in a car that weighs under 1600kg is decent pace. Sorry but the Z may the looks but interms of what matters, the performance, a mildly tuned 335i is closer to a GTR than any Z (unless supercharged/turboed). Interms of exclusivity, 335i's are actually pretty rare. I see more Zs on the road than 335i's ;)

15365466357_c49f191f2e_c.jpg

Edited by gangzoom

Why would bmw be the last car you'd replace the nissan with? In terms of ride, perfomance and build quality the bmw is far superior to be honest. The 335i has been proven by many magazines and car enthusiasts to do 0-60 in 4.9 seconds stock so quite a lot faster than the de!

0-60 is for pubs and willy waving contests. It has no practical place in the real world.

If all that mattered was performance, then we'd all be knocking round in either Imprezas or Caterhams. As tempting as that is, I'm glad there's more to driving than that.

• Like 5

Yea I totally agree, was just correcting a statement that was probably read from parkers or sometging like that. Love those wheels gangzoom, u don't need to change the turbos to get that bhp, downpipes, intake, exhaust, fmic and a good tune can take you to 420bhp.

0-60 is for pubs and willy waving contests. It has no practical place in the real world.

If all that mattered was performance, then we'd all be knocking round in either Imprezas or Caterhams. As tempting as that is, I'm glad there's more to driving than that.

YES! YES! YES! :yahoo: ...... +1