Roadster roof not working

MarkGolf

Hi chaps,

New around here and with a 350Z roadster..

I have been trying to put the roof down but after unlatching the roof and press the button up or down, nothing happens at all. No clicks, no moment, nothing!

Any ideas or does my car just want to be a coupe?

Also be aware that when the weather gets colder, the roof mechanism becomes more resistant to operate

Quite so. Though the effect of that is generally that it gets to the last stage of folding the hood into the body and the canvas is too stiff for it to complete the action rather than not to operate at all.

My money's on the brake pedal. :)

Try pressing the brake pedal when operating the switch. ;)

Alex. :)

Yes, when we bought ours I wanted to see it working. Tried just the switch then called the salesman over who had no idea. He went off to fetch someone but was unable to find anyone who knew. This BTW was the main Nissan dealer in Chester :surrender: . Eventually we had to refer to the handbook.

Pete

• Like 1

Yep. On mine...engine running, foot on brake the press the button. At least you should hear the rear hard shell disengaging with a click. If nothing after that it'll be the fith bow motor which does the 1st phase of the movement. Renowned for failing and cost big bucks to replace, there is a Nissan billeting in here to service the said motor and check procedure. Good luck there. Mine is still hit n miss but love it when it does work. Lol

• Like 1