Steve916- Build Thread

steve916

Looks good there Steve :thumbs:

I kind of like them but I'm thinking of making one myself with honeycomb mesh design. I can't find one that's off the shelf. Will see how the zunsport one being assembled and try to replicate that B)

• Like 2

Looks a great bit of kit :) I'd get it powdercoated black personally though.

Looks a great bit of kit :) I'd get it powdercoated black personally though.

Yeah I agree, not a fan of the silver. I need to get me some of those Z badges B)

Yep black would look more in keeping whith the car I think .

I did think about getting the black version, but thought I would keep up with my blue and silver theme. Might change it at a later date, we'll see.

• Like 1

I prefer it left as silver, otherwise wheels and other bits may have to go black as welI.

I was thinking of doing my rays black, but not sure if black suits the night blue........or best left silver :shrug:

I don't think I've ever seen one with black wheels. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

I prefer it left as silver, otherwise wheels and other bits may have to go black as welI.

I was thinking of doing my rays black, but not sure if black suits the night blue........or best left silver :shrug:

Don't do it ..... Won't suit the colour and are such a pain to keep clean

• Like 2

Don't do it ..... Won't suit the colour and are such a pain to keep clean

Personally I don't think black wheels would suit the dark colour, so for the moment mine are staying silver. Maybe a shadow chrome or a bronze colour one day, but for now they are staying silver.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just dropped the above off at the paint shop. Spoke to them about protecting from stone chips, and they're going to darken the primer so if and when stones hit, it won't be so noticeable. They're also going to add extra plasticiser to the paint.

Not sure I'll be able to keep my Zunsport grille on with this though, so might have to have a rethink about that.

• Like 1

Nice sunny day, so I thought what can I do today?

I know ;)

DACFD477_zps3034a41a.jpg

75E0AC7D_zps962f8364.jpg

Had to remove the zunsport grille though, as the lip wont fit properly with the grille on.

Pretty pleased with how well it went though, and how good it looks B)

Thanks Stuart (Slipstream) for lending a hand.

Thanks to Tarmac too, for supplying the lip :)

Edited by steve916
  • Like 2

Looks great Steve :thumbs:

Need a full side profile pic to see how it looks with the boot spoiler please.

I've just ordered some Tein S-Tech springs, so gonna have to get spacers or 19's to do them justice, otherwise its going to look crap.

Looks great Steve :thumbs:

Need a full side profile pic to see how it looks with the boot spoiler please.

I've just ordered some Tein S-Tech springs, so gonna have to get spacers or 19's to do them justice, otherwise its going to look crap.

Thanks mate. I'll get some better photos once the tiger seal has gone off properly and I can drive the car :)

I think I'll be going for side diffusers next.

I thought about Tein springs but was unsure what difference I would see with such little amount of lowering. But then again on Eibachs at 30mm lower, might be a bit too much for the roads around here.

30mm would definately be too low around here in the Welsh outback, besides having to fit camber arms etc, so will give the Teins a go, and see how they perform compared to OEM.

Look forward to seeing and hearing the verdict on them.

• Like 1