Finally looks like a proper Ipod kit for 350Z!!

andyk

Hi Guys,

Im a fairly new Z owner (about 2 months now) and loving it to bits!! also loving the forum :teeth:

Im looking to get a proper Ipod solution, not FM.

I searched these forums thoroughly and could'nt find anything that offers a proper solution UNTIL i came across this site, its called the NEO and it has LOTS of features including being able to control the 'pod from the headunit!

Check it out.

http://www.neocaraudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=1064

See what you think guys, i'm going to email them and see if it really does work with the Bose system, if so... at $199 it seems pretty good!

Andy

Hi Guys,

Im a fairly new Z owner (about 2 months now) and loving it to bits!! also loving the forum :teeth:

Im looking to get a proper Ipod solution, not FM.

I searched these forums thoroughly and could'nt find anything that offers a proper solution UNTIL i came across this site, its called the NEO and it has LOTS of features including being able to control the 'pod from the headunit!

Check it out.

[/url]http://www.neocaraudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=1064[/url]

See what you think guys, i'm going to email them and see if it really does work with the Bose system, if so... at $199 it seems pretty good!

Andy

Looks good, but seems like they want a lot of intersted feedback to justify making for a ZED. :unsure:

Gixxer,

Reading into it on other sites, it seems it connects into the external multi-changer connector on a head unit, presumably thats how it is able to permit controls from the headunit and display track time etc.

I dont know if the Bose has this?

Has anyone taken out the Bose unit to see if there is such a connector? it will be a multi connector type i would reckon.

EBIZED

Looks good, but seems like they want a lot of intersted feedback to justify making for a ZED.

What on the website made you think that it doesnt actually exist as a product yet? have i missed something?

When you put in the ZED details it comes up:

Coming Soon

Click here to be added our waiting list. We use popular demand to decide for which vehicles and products to develop, so be sure to sign up to let us know you're interested. We will be able to notify you when this product becomes available.

Before going for this set up I would take the head unit out and check.

On mine (a '53 GT), there is no external changer connector (Number 4 on the picture from this link)

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/IPod_with_350Z_Bose_Sound_System

When I was looking to connect my iPod up to the BOSE system I did a lot of looking in to these systems and it seems the US model is different to the UK one. I ended up going for the Dension Ice Link FM, (it's on another post on here somewhere if you search).....but I've had two of those fail on me so hold on to your receipt!! (When it's working it works really well though.)

hmm thats interesting bugglet... i'll have to "whip it out" and see if mine has the connector!

I did get this response today from the States:

Andrew,

Yes, it is compatible with that car with or without the Bose unit. We work with the radio as not to cause a disturbance in either radio type.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

--

Bob Kman

Sales Dept

Maybe i will give this a go!

I did want to stay away from the FM solution as the sound quality can be a bit rough... does yours allow controls from the steering wheel?

Just had a look at the site - Its rather lacking on information how it really works. i would have expected at least some information at as how it connects to the head units i.e. through changer ports etc.

Have you just thought about going for a new head unit - probably not that much more than one of these kits and will probably improve your whole system as a result.

I did want to stay away from the FM solution as the sound quality can be a bit rough... does yours allow controls from the steering wheel?

Only the volume control. The up/down button just switches radio preset.

The unit is hard wired into the aerial feed so there's no transmission loss and less interference than on a standalone FM transmitter system. It also has 6 different frequencies that can be switched via a button on the cradle to help avoid interference.

The guide to fitting one is here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2067&highlight=ice+link

In general I have no complaint other than it stopped working - to start with it would intermittently not give any sound from the iPod, then I thought it was working again until I realised that it was blocking all other radio transmission! :wacko: It was swapped without any trouble at the store, it's just a pain having to take everything apart again.

• 4 months later...