car dealers and car issues

rtbiscuit

Bloody hell Rich, you couldn't make that lot up, oh wait, it's the Motor Trade. Hope it's all sorted and you now have the motor you thought you were getting :)

still driving the Renault pi$$hatch (espace) found out yesterday along with a busted radio in the courtesy car, it also has no heaters. But hopefully my car should be ready today. They have dismantled the alarm system and found the batteries are dead in it. So have had to wait a couple more days while the new parts come in. Hopefully all sorted and I can collect today.

Two week cooling off period? Did you buy it unseen from the interweb then, or were they actually that stupid to put that in the contract?!

Bought on finance (arranged by the garage....... you know who) and therefore has a 14 day statutory cooling off period under the CCA.

There's some swizzle whereby if a dealer sells a car on secured finance and it's 'not suitable for purpose' the finance company will KICK OFF and make the garage take it back.

Ultimately it jeopardizes their chance of getting the monthly payment in.

......except in this instance the not quite OP (ie the one with the duff tree fiddy) is going to find it difficult to do what he wants because a dealer is entitled to use 'used parts' and a reasonable period of time to correct the defects.

If they take it back it'll probably be a good will return rather than by force.

Two week cooling off period? Did you buy it unseen from the interweb then, or were they actually that stupid to put that in the contract?!

Bought on finance (arranged by the garage....... you know who) and therefore has a 14 day statutory cooling off period under the CCA.

You can cancel the entire deal if bought unseen up to 14 days after delivery, or you can cancel the finance deal part of the contract in that 14 days: You'd still be liable for the purchase price of the car. There is no cooling off for the actual purchase of the car if you bought it in person.

So to update,

Finally collected my car on Saturday, turned up but the boss wasn't around, no receipts for the work and no reimbursement for costs incurred.

But it does look like the car is sorted, carpets seem dry, electrics all work.

Got the kids 1st birthday out the way at the weekend, and on Monday I wrote a letter, and sent it recorded delivery.

Got a call from the boss on Wednesday, said he felt disappointed how I'd treated him, asking for reimbursement of all costs after he'd just spent £500 sorting my car.

We had a good chat, and to be fair to the bloke, when I've dealt direct with him he has been spot on, its been the hard work f getting to that point.

Long story short, he is sending me a copy of the bills with a cheque for the Volvo dealership costs

I'm pleased its all sorted, and glad to have my car back.