Veeg33's slow dose of Zeditus......

veeg33

It's all about the present, effort and thoughts behind it :lol:

Plenty of good stuffs in pound land when I was there 2 weeks ago to shop for a secret Santa event at work. (not being tight, but the rules says a gift no more than £1) however I ended up buying a Minnie Mouse waste basket as it was one of the biggest item I can find there :p

Excellent. :teeth:

We had Secret Santa in our work place too. It was a £5 maximum though so gave a bit more scope.

Problem is even though my work place is a small "ish" business there are still around 40-50 people that work there so nobody really knows everyone. I got lumbered with some director as well so got him a sensible gift.

Some other people though where able to be more risque/funny ~ one guy got a butt plug style wine bottle stopper which was pretty funny. :lol:;)

Mine's only within our department of 10. Every one enjoyed it and suggested to go for £2 next year as you said to increase the scope. Unfortunately, since it's in office, gifts needs to be HR friendly. Unless we do it outside work. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Small update for today

Managed to duplicate a spare key whilst I was on holiday back at my hometown (Malaysia). Unfortunately, he doesn't have the correct key fob for the full remove fob but he can only duplicate the blade and the immobilizer. Since its £25, I though worth a game knowing that I currently only have 1 key for my zed and I don't want to spend a fortune if I happen to loose my 1 and only key.

Tested the new spare key when I got back to UK, it works perfectly, starts up fine. Winner!!! I also locked my zed with current remote fob and I unlocked my car manually with the new key, disable the alarm and I can start my zed......super!!!

However, being a little perfectionist.......I refuse to stop there. B) so I got on Ebay and see if I can get a new key but its costing around £120 for a brand new one which I'll still need to spend money to get the blade cut and immobilizer programmed. But I managed to find a 2nd hand refurbished key for £25.00 delivered on Ebay. I've managed to know out £2.50 as I've placed in an offer :thumbs: Here's the link for Ebay where I got mine from http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19fbada66a

I've managed to program the new key fob with the instruction from here --> http://www.350z-uk.c...g-the-key-fobs/ see post#10

My turn signal lamp did not flash, instead I can hear clicking noise coming from the center console. So, instead of flashing twice, it clicked twice.

However, the new key fob seems to be different from my original key fob. The part numbers are same "876/818" so I would assume they will be same. But they are not, for the new fob, I need to press the Unlock button twice (quickly) to unlock and to Lock just once.

As per instruction, I program both fobs that I have. My current fob works as normal, 1 press each will Lock or Unlock but not the new fob. I re-program them twice and the new fob still required 2 quick press to Unlock. It this normal? I don't think to be honest. Does anyone else need to press the Unlock button twice to unlock their zed? So, with current fob, I press Unlock once to unlock driver door, press 2nd time within 2 seconds or so to unlock passenger door. And with the new fob, I press twice quickly the Unlock to unlock drive door, and press 4 times to Unlock the passenger door :angry: A bit annoyed if to be honest but I think I can live with that.......

I've emailed the seller and let see what he/she comes back with.

Next step is to copy the immobilizer and get the blade cut. Knowing that I'll be going back to Malaysia again next year, I'm thinking to bring it to my dad's mate again to get it sorted. Since I've got a spare key (without the remote fob), I can use the spare key with the new fob for now unless I can get a cheap place here to get the new fob cut and immobilizer sorted out.

Here's how they are now.....along with my Lego key chains (Ice Batman and Luke Skywalker) and also a scooter from Italy)

DSC_0709_zpsgiu2wrso.jpg

I'm feeling much more secure now having another spare key fob and key :D

Edited by veeg33

As per instruction, I program both fobs that I have. My current fob works as normal, 1 press each will Lock or Unlock but not the new fob. I re-program them twice and the new fob still required 2 quick press to Unlock. It this normal? I don't think to be honest. Does anyone else need to press the Unlock button twice to unlock their zed?

Just fyi with my key fob ~ I press "open padlock" symbol once which unlocks the drivers door/boot & switches off the alarm. Press "open" again and this unlocks the passenger side door.

Press "closed padlock" once which locks the car & turns on the alarm. Press again and I believe it "deadlocks" the car. :thumbs:

• Like 1

As per instruction, I program both fobs that I have. My current fob works as normal, 1 press each will Lock or Unlock but not the new fob. I re-program them twice and the new fob still required 2 quick press to Unlock. It this normal? I don't think to be honest. Does anyone else need to press the Unlock button twice to unlock their zed?

Just fyi with my key fob ~ I press "open padlock" symbol once which unlocks the drivers door/boot & switches off the alarm. Press "open" again and this unlocks the passenger side door.

Press "closed padlock" once which locks the car & turns on the alarm. Press again and I believe it "deadlocks" the car. :thumbs:

Thanks Gareth for confirming.

That's what my current key fob is doing, unfortunately the new fob isn't same with the unlock button. :o Not a big PITA but would be nice to have both fobs operating the same way. Both seems to have same part number on the back of the fob.

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

Still better than just the one key & fob though however it operates. ;):D

Yep, when the programing of new fob is successful, it feels like a mass weight being removed from my shoulders. If I loose my only key & fob, I think the cost to get a new key & fob will be very costly (including recovery truck to get my zed from wherever it's parked at that time to Nissan dealership) :scare:

Still better than just the one key & fob though however it operates. ;):D

Yep, when the programing of new fob is successful, it feels like a mass weight being removed from my shoulders. If I loose my only key & fob, I think the cost to get a new key & fob will be very costly (including recovery truck to get my zed from wherever it's parked at that time to Nissan dealership) :scare:

Yeah it could be a real nightmare losing your only key.

When I had my Imported Impreza that only came with one key which always worried me so I tried to get a new key cut from a Subaru blank key. It was a nightmare.

The first key the key cutter did wouldn't turn to start the car and then got stuck in my ignition barrel. :scare: After 20 minutes in a car park swearing & wriggling the key I finally got it out so went back to tell him it didn't work.

He then cut me another key which again I went back to my car to try.

This second attempt was better but still wouldn't turn in the ignition barrel to allow me to start the car although I did manage to get it in & out easily enough. Went back to the key cutter again & tbh told him straight that I wasn't doing that again as he obviously couldn't cut me a key that worked. :dry::thumbdown:

In the end only having one key though for the Impreza was the easiest of my problems with that car as it was a never ending story of drive, mod, repair, engine blow up, repair, drive, gearbox destroy itself etc etc. :byebye::lol:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

I really need to sort getting another key like you, though I've heard getting the correct code for a jdm is a nightmare :(

You should look at the flip key mod, at least you'll have a backup if it doesn't work :)

• Like 1

I really need to sort getting another key like you, though I've heard getting the correct code for a jdm is a nightmare :(

You should look at the flip key mod, at least you'll have a backup if it doesn't work :)

Not sure about JDM, but definitely worth getting spare key(s).

Yep, the flip key mod is something I'm considering after I get this sorted out first. B)

Edited by veeg33

Brought 5L Fuchs GT1 from OpieOils last week and my mate was OK to let me use his ramp in his man gave. Its a proper cave that he rent with his mate to store his project cars and use as a workshop.

DSC_0740_zpsbfqxlr0y.jpg

DSC_0743_zpscwtleuui.jpg

There are about 4 Land Rovers in there, an old mustang somewhere in another unit nearby, a Ford Mexico and a Chevy pick up. And also lots of car bits laying around here and there.......Its the first I visited his cave and I'm really loving it there!!

Anyway back to the oil change, pretty straight forward really.

Here's my mate checking the jacking points making its on the correct location

DSC_0735_zpscq3dbhjf.jpg

Took the bottom plastic panel out, and found that its not in perfect condition....oh well, its nearly perfect as I think there is a bit broken off (picture below) and 2 plastic studs were missing. I'll do some research where to get them. I think I can get like 100pcs from Ebay or maybe :pmzmanalex:

DSC_0737_zpsocz6tzsu.jpg

I'm thinking if I should get a new/used plastic panel or go for an aluminum (auto-correct suggested this and shows its an error when I type in aluminium, surely this is a UK site!!) cover

DSC_0736_zpsukizwymi.jpg

Oh well......got it up all the way to the top and removed the sump plug, drained everything out, removed the oil filter and then I lower my zed so that I can just flush my engine with about 1 ltr of Mobil Super 3000 5W-30. First few seconds the oil that comes out of the sump plug hole was black and soon turns golden which i suppose that had flushed most of the old oil out.

New oil filter in and fill it up as per guide -->http://www.350z-uk.c...r-change-guide/

Here's a snap after oil change

DSC_0739_zpsdmjthdlz.jpg

and 1 more snap before leaving the workshop (sorry, cant resist)

DSC_0745_zpsn0vatveq.jpg

Car is now at around 78.6k and next oil change is planned after 5k or 1 year which every comes first. I'm only driving to work and back (less then 5 miles round trip) so annual mileage will be minimum but I do love my zed hence regular oil change is a must (£35 ish for oil and filter change is definitely worth it :thumbs:)

Overall took me around 40mins max. But definitely enjoyed my time working on the car.

My mate advised me to get some under seal paint, give my zed a quick clean and brush with a wired brush. Put them under seal on and its not costing a lot for a tin. Sounds like a good advise to me as I'm planning to keep my zed long term (with a hope to SC after 5yrs).

That's all the update I have today.

Thanks for reading B)

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

Small update on the spare remote key fob - Contacted the seller (ebay) and he agreed to send me another key fob. I shipped the first one that he sent to me unfortunately he's no in to collect it hence it got sent to his local post office (1st Class recorded). However, he has sent me the replacement before getting his hands on the one that I returned to him. (good seller)

Got the replacement key yesterday, I programmed it and checked...........OH NO!! Its doing the same thing to me. I need to double tap the Unlock button quickly to unlock my zed. A little bit annoying but its not the end of the world, so I decided not to return it to the seller. I rather have a spare key to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...
^^ Bargain veeg. :);)

Can't really go wrong or complain with that tbh.

My work colleague who is good with the machines will be machining a spacer for my gear knob. Hopefully he can get it sorted next week.

My colleague managed to help to machine this little spacer during his spare time.

DSC_0790_zpsktqsfuvd.jpg

Here's the dimensions if you fancy getting one made yourself (these dimensions only works for the knob I got from Clarks Motorsport)

Inner bore diameter 13.5mm

Top outer diameter 27mm

Bottom outer diameter 35mm

Overall height 15mm

Bottom ring height 10mm

Material - Aluminium

Pic before the spacer

DSC_0789_zpsas6oa8es.jpg

Pics after the spacer, looks really good with the spacer on. Blends in much better now IMHO B)

DSC_0793_zpsn5djt2dx.jpg

DSC_0796_zpsm7mjwdyu.jpg

Overall, very happy with it.

• Like 3

So I've decided to make my own DRL for my zed. The plan is to buy a set of DRL of Ebay, remove the LEDs, buy a clear side reflectors, transplant the LEDs into the clear reflectors, then buy a set of controller and finally test and install them on my zed.

Here's the DRL donor comes from --> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251407865878?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here's me removing the casing, its really well secured with silicon so I decided to cut them out. Took about 20mins to remove the first one as I've been really careful not to damage anything as I haven't seen what's inside it. 2nd unit took about 5 mins as I've seen what's inside and can chop them confidently.

Pics:

DSC_0786_zpsfy9uz5jk.jpg

DSC_0784_zpsrra0wmlm.jpg

When the PCB board being removed from the casing and I've also trim down the silver reflector as I will be keeping them to hide the PCB, keeping it tidy since I'm using clear/tranparent reflector.

DSC_0787_zpsy02blw7y.jpg

The 3 cables will be replaced with new longer cables, so some soldering work there.

DSC_0788_zpsjv7fjaf8.jpg

Will be ordering these from the state --> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291403451008?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Tested the DRLs and I think I might have an issue with them. The DRL PBC has some sort of circuit build in to it. The white LEDs will be permanently on and when the trigger receive signal from the indicator, it will cut off the white LEDs and only the amber LEDs will light up. However, I think when indicator is on, it will actually flash amber, white, amber, white........until I cancel the indicator switch.

However, the issue above only when I tested them with a 12V power supply. Hopefully it will not do that when I actually connect them on the car. Else I'll need to copy a circuit that I managed to find on Google.

Expecting to get them on the car somewhere in May 2015, will be busy with work from next week onwards so this will need to park for a bit.

Like the spacer, ...looks very smart. ;)

^

Agree. Very smart :)

I got the dimensions wrong initially.....ops!!! :drunk: they were 5mm in diameter larger. Sounds tiny but its so visible

DSC_0781_zpslkewrkid.jpg

Edited by veeg33

• 2 weeks later...

Finally they arrived from USA after a week.

The front clear reflector is sealed with superglue or some sort of adhesive to the back casing. Not happy bunny! I was hoping it was silicone so that I can bake them and separate them so implant the LED PCB. After some Google'ing, managed to find some info.

1.) Soak in hot soapy water, hope the water will slowly dissolved the superglue a little bit and slowly split them apart.

2.) Soak in boiling water, that should also do the above and soften the superglue ready to be split.

3.) Put them in freeze and freeze them for few days. Apparently the cold will shrink the superglue hence they will start cracking and makes is easy to split.

4.) As above but freeze with water.

5.) If all the above fails, I can start using hobby knife and try to cut it or as a last resort, cut the back casing to size so that I can fit the PCB in and seal it back with silicone.

Sounds like a mission! Hopefully it will split, which will make it easier to seal back.

Anyone done this before? Any tips or best practice sharing? B)

1d1e2cadc0e2dcc9ce0231469b7e5034.jpg

Hi Veegee. Just re-read your earlier post regarding your initial test of the led's. If you look at most modern cars on the road today, you'll see that when they indicate, the White led's switch off to allow the Orange led's to be visible.

On my previous car I fitted some permanent white led's, but wired them through a DRLR2 relay from eBay, which dims the led's to half brightness once the headlights are switched on, to comply with the law.

• Like 1