350z engine

lewis hill

Hi lads I'm looking to sell my engine and gearbox. Both have 75k miles on them with a full Nissan service history. Just wondering if any of you would know the sorr of price they go for? I see on eBay engines go for 1.5-1.7k but don't know if they get sold often or if they have full NSH. I see gearbox goes for maybe 1.5k but again, same as above. :)

Thanks in advance :p

If it helps, I'm in the market for an engine, and the price I've been offered are £1500 for an engine with 40/50k - Which imo is over priced :lol:

I'll have an engine you can have much cheaper than that in about a month ;)

If it helps, I'm in the market for an engine, and the price I've been offered are £1500 for an engine with 40/50k - Which imo is over priced :lol:

I'll have an engine you can have much cheaper than that in about a month ;)

I feel like I already know about that one :lol::ninja:

Never seen a gearbox go for anything near £1500, more like £800 for a tip top condition CD009 box and maybe half that for your typical earlier model.

As for engines, anything over £1200 is IMO overpriced, if you got a grand for yours, you'll be doing well.

If you are not desperate to sell it now, it is worth sticking it on ebay for 1.5k for a couple of months. It is entirely possible that there will be someone desperate for an engine and yours will be the only one available. Don't forget that there are a lot more zed owners than people on this forum. Give it a good clean, take a few quality pictures of it and write some BS about how your engine is better than new etc. There are loads of clueless people on ebay.

Yup do that ^^ con someone :slap:

Where exactly in my post did I suggest conning? There is a big difference between 'this engine is new' and 'this engine runs like new'.

You told him to write some BS about his engine.

I my self am in the market for a new engine, - If I went out and bought what I thought and was assured by the seller was a sound engine and was told it had this that and the other. And then blew up in my face I'd be fudged off!

When selling something that important, I'd want to know the honest truth, I'd want to know about the knock and leaks it may or may not be producing, so I can address them before fitting what I was told 'a better engine than new' Other wise I then have to take it out and repair.

OP - Tell the truth, stick it up for sale for what you want, and expect to get offers of what people this it's value is. Take it or leave it :)

• Like 1

Yup do that ^^ con someone :slap:

Where exactly in my post did I suggest conning? There is a big difference between 'this engine is new' and 'this engine runs like new'.

You told him to write some BS about his engine.

I my self am in the market for a new engine, - If I went out and bought what I thought and was assured by the seller was a sound engine and was told it had this that and the other. And then blew up in my face I'd be fudged off!

When selling something that important, I'd want to know the honest truth, I'd want to know about the knock and leaks it may or may not be producing, so I can address them before fitting what I was told 'a better engine than new' Other wise I then have to take it out and repair.

OP - Tell the truth, stick it up for sale for what you want, and expect to get offers of what people this it's value is. Take it or leave it :)

By BS I didn't mean outright lies, I meant subjective things that you can get away with, like 'runs smooth' etc. OP's post did not suggest that his engine was in any way unsound, so I suggested to add a bit of a gloss to the ad, that's all. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words on my behalf, I am not in any way advocating dishonesty/intentional withholding of material information.

'clueless people on ebay' that comment would suggest that you're being dishonest with someone.

What I meant was clueless about price levels. If it is in a fact a sound engine there is nothing wrong with selling it to someone who is prepared to pay extra.

You people are sure as hell ready to jump on a highest moral horse you can find.

Well now you know for the future, our horses are pretty damn high. So high infact, that we've commissioned elevators to be built so we can reach the saddle.

Christ man. You're not an American! They're lifts or escalators! We'll have to lower your horse if you're not careful.