Long tube manifolds...

mr_smith126

Well i'll be able to give you a run down of my mods by the end of the month and also update you guys on BHP that mine is making, unfortunately i don't have any before info :(

But safe to say, i've got the first/prototype right hand drive PPE LTH's :teeth:

I'm already booked in for some lengthy dyno time at Abbey Motorsport on the 29th/30th of this month to get it fully tuned, fingers crossed i crack the 300 barrier. I got some other mods that i'll be asking them to add as well while they're at it (custom intakes)

And just so you guys know i ain't pulling your leg

IMG 20140610 WA0000

These were the first iteration of the LTH's but unfortunately they didn't fit as the pipes that ran down past the steering column didn't fit just right, so had to send em back so they could readjust. Also the merge collector at the bottom was touching the floor of the car, so PPE had to adjust that too. What he did was replicate the other sides bends so it cleared the column and lengthen the downpipes while keeping the merge collector at the same place. Got it all done in time for me to put it back on 3 weeks later.

The guys at PPE Engineering are fantastic!

Edited by Drayvn
  • Like 2

As much as I appreciate your right up, info is a pain with no before figures.

I.e I was running 258 before mods/map which was pretty low, I then made 283 after map.

Then other members make 290/300 with same mods.

We'll never know what gains you got from headers as you may get gains like me, then with headers = 300.

I'm in the same boat though as my info will be irrelevant too as I will have a new engine when I do this.

#teamtarmac

As much as I appreciate your right up, info is a pain with no before figures.

I.e I was running 258 before mods/map which was pretty low, I then made 283 after map.

Then other members make 290/300 with same mods.

We'll never know what gains you got from headers as you may get gains like me, then with headers = 300.

I'm in the same boat though as my info will be irrelevant too as I will have a new engine when I do this.

#teamtarmac

Yeah i completely understand, the problem of living on a small island and costly to get away to get tuning done, i would have done a remap sooner but wanted to get as much done to the car first before doing any tuning as it would've been lots of wasted money going back and forth.

Hey ho, even if i don't get before numbers i hope to break the 300 barrier as it seems so hard to do. The US guy seem to be doing that, so fingers crossed

Edited by Drayvn
  • Like 1