Snapped spring, lowering opportunity!

Jonny Z

On my way home from work in my 05 350z roadster, was giving the throttle a little bit of a tickle around the twisty back roads when I hear a clunk from the front, when I got home I pulled around the back of the house onto some bumpy ground and can now hear a knocking, took a quick look and the drivers side front suspension has dropped around a centimeter compared tithe passenger side :(

My MOT is due in a couple of weeks so not being one to pass up an opportunity to do some modding thought I will park up the z (I also have an Impreza to run around in) and order some lowering springs for it, been looking and found tien S-tech for around £150 but only have a 14mm/17mm drop, also found some Apex spring for £140 with a 30mm drop, anyone got any experience of these 2 spring sets?

My tien s-tech springs arrived today, getting fitted and alignment reset on Tuesday so will put some photos up when it's all done :)

Can't wait to see the photos matey! :thumbs:

Once you've done the alignment, the Zed will feel so much better!

Mine was out of OE specifications too and the Zed didn't feel right when going around bends and even going in a straight line etc. I decided to get the alignment done as I had just purchased the Zed with the Teins and Eibach spacers already fitted and realised how out the alignment it was when the technician showed me the printout. This was because of the springs and spacers! :scare:

Luckily with the Teins, all the camber and toe adjustments allow enough adjustment to bring everything back into specification as the Tein springs are not stupidly low. This saved me a fortune as I didn't have to purchase the adjustable camber arm kit and extended toe adjustment bolts!

One thing I would consider though is to purchase Adjustable Whiteline Droplinks, as your current Droplinks will wear out much quicker due to excessive wear from the car being lowered. I would wait until your current Droplinks fail (become noisy) before considering upgrading. :thumbs:

• Like 2