Drivers Side Rear Wheel Ticking Under Light Breaking

ZZZ_2306

Right I'll try and keep this short and sweet, I have Nissan Cared4 Extended Warranty on my 370Z and I have 2 issues that are really common by the looks of it and I want to know people opinions on if I will be covered.

1. Boot Hatch Release - No worky you have to use 2 hands apparently a Spring issue?

2. Suspension Creak from Rear Drivers Side/Clicking or Ticking sound noticed at low speed under breaking, reading up it could be that the Axle needs re-greasing or that the Drop Links are gone, either or.

Am I likely to be covered? The garage are being funny already saying that I'm going to have to pay a £96 Diagnostic Fee but I am having none of it I am pretty sure most items should be covered and I'm going to defend against the "Wear and Tear" thing.

Any thoughts much appreciated, seems like Warranties aren't worth the paper they are printed on so much for peace of mind

You don't need a diagnostic fee for either of those, they're not connected to the OBD2 system.

Boot hatch should definitely be covered, the suspension one may not be. Do you have the exact wording of what the warranty covers?

Just found it myself, the key line is:

• Items that require servicing and subject to wear and tear are not covered under this warranty.

As such, I would suspect that you may have a fight on that, depending on what it actually is.

Just found it myself, the key line is:

• Items that require servicing and subject to wear and tear are not covered under this warranty.

As such, I would suspect tha

t you may have a fight on that, depending on what it actually is.

I will dig out the policy, it's ludicrous though, if it does need re-greasing it won't be covered however if I leave it and something fails as a result then I will be.

Which part is servicible? There is no maintenance routine to have the Axle Re-Greased.

Should it be Drop Links then it's likely that it will be covered but I am not forking out for them to tell me what I already know.

Most Nissan garages should be sympathetic regarding your issues, especially if you bought the car from them.

However all will depend on your relationship with them. how long you have had the car and if they appreciate your business.

Keep your conversations with them low keyed and civilised starting with the guy on reception, moving onto the service manager if you have to and finally the the dealer principle if you still have not got a result, and remember to be polite and courteous at all times even if you do not like what you are hearing. ;)

Nissan customer services may be able to help as a last ditch attempt, however no point in phoning them unless the parts are covered by the warranty and your garage are being dicks.

Good luck.

Alex. :)

Rear hatch spring is covered under warranty - had mine done but not always 100% opening first time.

The clicking may be the pads moving in the calipers - an issue I found that affected the 350's and I think I read on here of someone having something similar with their 370. I have not heard yet of the clicking axle or drop links being an issue on the 370s......unless someone knows better?

So back to this one again had the drop links inspected today and it all seems fine they are perfect.

If this was the Axle that needed greasing would this not happen all the time and not just at the end of the breaking zone? Flew through service and had pads inspected and all fine and seated properly, running out of ideas as to what it could be.

It's still under Nissan warranty but I know they are going to either say no fault found or try and still me for some big bull @*!# bill and say it's not covered

If I remember right, somebody else had the low speed clicking and it turned out to be a problem with a tyre starting to fall apart on the inner side - where you can't easily see unless you take the wheel off or raise the car off the ground enough to stand underneath it.

Get your tyres checked if you haven't already done so.

Rich

If I remember right, somebody else had the low speed clicking and it turned out to be a problem with a tyre starting to fall apart on the inner side - where you can't easily see unless you take the wheel off or raise the car off the ground enough to stand underneath it.

Rich

Rich any idea how that would cause a ticking? Will get it checked out though

Rich

Rich any idea how that would cause a ticking? Will get it checked out though

I was hoping whoever this happened to would join in with this - I think the ticking was caused by the part of the tyre catching on the wheel arch as it whizzed around - if you know what I mean!