Weird cable loose

Hougenie

Hi folks,

Not sure which section of the forum to put this in really.

Just noticed the other day that there is what seems like a cable hanging out from under the rear bumper. Any idea what this is?

It seems to have just come loose and I can feed it back up under the bumper to save it dragging on the road and getting damaged, however, virtually every time I stop/park and have a look its hanging out again. I presume there is a pin or way of fixing this back up that has just come loose.

Any advice on what works best to keep it where it should be? Also what is it?

Thanks.

So it appears that the cable was the rear parking sensor.....how do I know you may ask?!

Well on the way home (to fix with tie wraps) it melted onto the exhaust - only slightly and pealed it of, but now when I put the car into reverse it beeps non stop!!!!!!

:rant::angry:

Anyone know where I can source a new rear sensor? - perhaps when the garage are changing exhaust they can fit the new one?

Well from what you've said above it won't need a new sensor, ...more likely new wiring or at least a repair to the wiring.

If it's burnt through it could be shorting out or have a break in the wiring now. Auto electrician is what you need if you don't have the know how.

You could cut out the burnt bit of wiring yourself, solder back together, heat shrink and secure safely this time. Fyi disconnect the battery before you start cutting wires if you do try to fix it yourself.