370z 59 or 10 model

parello9

right i know the sat nav is the main change but is that it mainly? as im really looking at a 59 pl;ate as i know its superb conditon etc but said i would only buy a 10 plate

is there any main features that are different?

just would like to see owners experiences really speciously if you have owned both

i do like my music too

Not sure of any other differences but I certainly wouldn`t go for a later one just for the touch screen option. I always use the buttons on mine rather than touch screen as I hate finger marks all over the screen (which becomes far more of a problem with an Iphone)

The hu although it looks similar it's different, the hd, that sat nav, touch screen and aux input, USB

Much much easier to add a reverse cam to the later hu, Bluetooth audio streaming

As said above it wouldn't be a deal breaker

I can't think of any other differences

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/370z/2010/

Edited by GIXXERUK
  • Like 2

I owned a 2004 350Z GT Edition from 2004 absolutely loved it, right through to the purchase of my 370Z black Edition.

Having looked long and hard (3 years) my only choice was the Black Edition. As above postings the new sat nav & its functionality was such a big improvement. I have also added the reverse camera as it is impossible to see out the rear without it. The extra in cost from the 2009 - 2010 disappears within weeks of ownership and the extra in cost for the Black Edition is repaid on every drive. Just to throw a little more into the mix i chose the auto over the manual after buying & driving both. I have never regretted the decision and the auto with the sequencel & flappy paddle gearbox is just fun fun fun & more fun. Whatever you buy - its a ZED enough said.

• Like 1

There was also the steering lock issue on some 370's up to mid 2010 so worth checking to see if the car your looking at has had this potential issue addressed, although I would assume all affected cars have been recalled or had faulty component changed by now but can't hurt to check :)

Edited by tatooandy67

I have a 59 plate 370 with the non updated Connect Premium.

I find the biggest let down is the Audio in jack quality and there is no work around for this, the quality is so dire I just don't bother with it, the other issues are minimal enough to get buy with out I feel.

The lack of Post Code is annoying but it still works just as well once you get past this in the very fist instance.

The Hard Drive is a cool feature but will just be more awkward than using the USB feature, which you'd use instead of the audio in jack that I mentioned above, so it's kind of a redundant feature in my opinion.

The possible reverse camera, yeah, I suppose but you still have to buy the camera so if you had the older version you just buy a different version of it.

So when you break it down to actual NEW/Better features, they're are there but how effective are they really ??

For me the only big positive is the audio USB feature, I would smash that all day.

Now obviously if I had the choice A or B, I'd go for the new version but if like you say, the choice is between the Connect Premium or the UpRev and Mods on the '09 car, I'd have the '09 car all day personally.

It's a lot more awkward and costly to fit a camera to a 09 (ask octet), not just a case of a different camera

You didn't mention the touch screen either mate

Can you update the sat nav using dvd's ? You can and I have with the connect premium

Edited by GIXXERUK

I didn't as I didn't think it was really worth it but OK, I will.

I see that as a non entity really, if you don't use the touch screen you use the buttons that are directly below it. I don't see that as a plus or a negative really, it doesn't save space or make it less cluttered in there its just a different input method.

Can you update the sat nav using dvd's ? You can and I have with the connect premium

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does. I'm fairly sure that's the only way you can update both systems.

Fair comment with the camera, if that's something the OP is worried about then, yes, perhaps it's worth considering in the long run.

I didn't as I didn't think it was really worth it but OK, I will.

I see that as a non entity really, if you don't use the touch screen you use the buttons that are directly below it. I don't see that as a plus or a negative really, it doesn't save space or make it less cluttered in there its just a different input method.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does. I'm fairly sure that's the only way you can update both systems.

Fair comment with the camera, if that's something the OP is worried about then, yes, perhaps it's worth considering in the long run.

Said throughout the thread it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me

I suppose a good way to look at it is like this;

By not having the premium connect system it doesn't mean you have a rubbish stereo and sat nav, far from it, if the premium connect is a 10/10 the older one is a 8/10.

If you have a OEM 370Z and then jump in an UpReved 370Z with an aftermarket exhaust system and intakes, then the difference in experience would be larger than the difference in stereos systems say.

For my money anyway.

If the OP would rather an OEM car with better features on an already jam packed stereo then the 2010 car is the obvious choice.

The fact he's even considering the 2009 car makes me think otherwise.

When I was looking for mine I wanted 10 plate plus for the connect premium. But in the end I went for a 59 plate and saved 2k on the purchase price over a similar mileage 10 plate..

I then spent 1k on a professionally fitted double DIN, which is far better than connect premium anyway and I still have 1k in my pocket.

So really comes down to the price difference between them now mate :)

Edited by 370Ad