Not getting the hiss when I unscrew the fuel filler cap...

The Trouser

I've recently become aware that I no longer get the hiss when I go to re-fuel - anyone have any ideas why this might be?

The only thing I've done differently recently is a 500 mile round trip, part of which was down some un-maintained country lanes (the kind where grass grows in the middle) with some deep ruts so there was lots of scraping and noise. :scare:

I checked the Zed over and there doesn't seem to be any leakages. Could driving down those lanes have cuased any damage to the underside that would affect fuel lines etc?

Thanks for any advice.

TT.

Does it take a long while to fill up - is there a suspicious puddle underneath after filling?

Only pulling ya leg, mine only does it some times to be honest but I have a fuel return system so I get less pressure, check for leaks other than that I personally would not be overly concerned but other may think differently??? :shrug:

Check your getting a good seal on the filler cap.

Check the EVAP solenoid. Its located behind the plenum near the bulkhead. Could be faulty or more likely one or more of the hoses going to it could have split.

Any fuel smells around the engine bay?