Christmas... Wait...What?!?

Vlad

We haven't even had Halloween, leave it!!! :)

I detest that dam American tradition. Really that's one "holiday" period I'd be much happier without.

Sure it's good fun with the younger kids, up to 10/11year olds, but any older and it's just an excuse to intimidate people in their homes, set off fireworks in the street & generally smash up the place. :rant::thumbdown:

• Like 2

I went into the toby carvery in Colchester back in early August. When you walk through the door there's a Christmas wall right in front of you going on about booking Christmas parties all covered in tinsel and Christmas gubbins. ... total madness

• Like 1

I went into the toby carvery in Colchester back in early August. When you walk through the door there's a Christmas wall right in front of you going on about booking Christmas parties all covered in tinsel and Christmas gubbins. ... total madness

Went in my local Toby a few weeks back and they even had the bloody tree up!!

I hate Christmas in the UK, just seems to be rammed down your throat earlier and earlier each year... constant adverts and pressure to spend more and more. Then there's the who can spend the most and get in to loads of debt competition..... yes I know I'm a miserable old git lol

• Like 3

I hate Christmas in the UK, just seems to be rammed down your throat earlier and earlier each year... constant adverts and pressure to spend more and more. Then there's the who can spend the most and get in to loads of debt competition..... yes I know I'm a miserable old git lol

:lol:

It's true though ~ my mate in work who has two children is now refusing to discuss Christmas with his sister's anymore. One of them always turns it into some sort of "who can spoil their kids the most" competition. :wacko:

The other year he told her he'd bought his youngest, a 7 year old girl, an iPad ~ he hadn't ~ his sister then went out and bought one for her 10 year old daughter. :surrender::lol:

Crazy.

• Like 1

:lol:

It's true though ~ my mate in work who has two children is now refusing to discuss Christmas with his sister's anymore. One of them always turns it into some sort of "who can spoil their kids the most" competition. :wacko:

The other year he told her he'd bought his youngest, a 7 year old girl, an iPad ~ he hadn't ~ his sister then went out and bought one for her 10 year old daughter. :surrender::lol:

Crazy.

I lived in Lanzarote for a few years and Christmas didn't start till end of Nov/beginning of Dec. Then when it was Christmas it was mainly about Christmas, not the American consumer Christmas.

I'm not religious in anyway, but I enjoyed it more than I do here.

I lived in Lanzarote for a few years and Christmas didn't start till end of Nov/beginning of Dec. Then when it was Christmas it was mainly about Christmas, not the American consumer Christmas.

That's part of the problem ~ too many bl**dy American traditions/ideas coming over here. :thumbdown:

Can't believe lot's of schools are now doing "Proms" over here! Wtf's that all about. :scare::lol:

• Like 1

That's part of the problem ~ too many bl**dy American traditions/ideas coming over here. :thumbdown:

Can't believe lot's of schools are now doing "Proms" over here! Wtf's that all about. :scare::lol:

Haha yea I hear that. Someone at work said his son had to hire a suit and they had a car hired for some proms thing. It's all about getting you to spend more money.

Haha yea I hear that. Someone at work said his son had to hire a suit and they had a car hired for some proms thing. It's all about getting you to spend more money.

So true. ;)

It's like they don't know that us Zed owners have Zeditus and don't like spending money on anything other than our cars. :lol::D

• Like 1