Headlights

Jud1

took her out for my usual Wednesday night pub visit, My 1st night time drive in her....

Now, is it me/mine, or are the headlights just sh1te!? - I asked my mate who has an 04' GT and, he say's his are poor too .... honestly, it's like running down the road with two tea lights in a jam jar! - I actually pulled into a service area to check they weren't on side only. High beam is as it should be. - "blinding" :)

I've just seen the adjustment thread, so I might have a play with that - but they seem weak to me regardless of align.

Guess HID? or?

regardless of all that, Oh boy do I love this car already!!! ... Grin factor 10+

J

Edited by Jud1

If I am correct, you have an Import, so you may have halogen lights rather than HIDs, which would make yours even worse. The early lights aren't great, but the 06+ are great :)

:) thanks for that ... Looks like 1st mod isn't going to be what I thought it was then!

one of them needs replacing anyway, nearside has some corrosion going on (inside / chrome) - looks like some water got in there at some point.

Will do some more searching for options, seems a few threads now I look deeper into it...

J

Bi-Xenons on the later cars are brilliant. Very rarely use full beam. I've heard, even with the Xenons the 276 models lights are pretty poor.

To be honest, I would consider them down right dangerous! Certainly on mine at least.... will have to do some research and see what my options are... any advise gratefully accepted.

J

Some of them have gone cloudy by now and can be improved by polishing the headlight, I've never found my DE headlights that bad personally though.

Yeah, one side needs a little TLC (nearside) in the way of haze, but the inside has corroded the chrome - which wont be helping, so I'll be replacing > when I understand what I can replace with (different plug in to UK headlamp as I've just been reading) -

High Beam however is perfect and >

:)

• Like 1

Maybe some of you guys need your eyes checking :lol: lights are really good on the early Z's my 53 plate is great in the dark rarely need to use high beam unless its a properly dark back road

Honestly, on mine .... I'd be better off duct taping two torches to the bonnet! :)

Edited by Jud1

Maybe some of you guys need your eyes checking :lol: lights are really good on the early Z's my 53 plate is great in the dark rarely need to use high beam unless its a properly dark back road

Honestly, on mine .... I'd be better off duct taping to torches to the bonnet! :)

Oh dear!😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maybe some of you guys need your eyes checking :lol: lights are really good on the early Z's my 53 plate is great in the dark rarely need to use highbeam unless its a properly dark back road

Yep everyone else who has a Zed is obviously wrong :headhurt: next thing you will be telling us is that the Bose is a premium sound system :lol:

• Like 1

Alright boys! Well maybe some of the earlier ones had their headlights upgraded before you got them? Also it depends what you've been used to? Just trying to put a bit of perspective on it! 😇 Same with sound systems too?

• Like 1

Alright boys! Well maybe some of the earlier ones had their headlights upgraded before you got them? Also it depends what you've been used to? Just trying to put a bit of perspective on it! 😇 Same with sound systems too?

Sound system!! and hide that V6 purr ...... Never I tell you, never! :) :)

• Like 1

Honestly, on mine .... I'd be better off duct taping two torches to the bonnet! :)

Can you recommend which torches to go for ? :lol:

• Like 1

Maybe some of you guys need your eyes checking :lol: lights are really good on the early Z's my 53 plate is great in the dark rarely need to use highbeam unless its a properly dark back road

Yep everyone else who has a Zed is obviously wrong :headhurt: next thing you will be telling us is that the Bose is a premium sound system :lol:

What its not? Damm that devious salesman he told me it was.

True before the Z I had cars with regular headlights, so the the Z is my first car with Xenons.