My Azure GT

martybhoy

Time for a little update.

I bought some spare centre console parts so they are currently getting sprayed gloss black.

Having to replace my rear view camera as it took in water, this gave me an excuse to get an engine start button fitted. That's happening next Saturday.

I also purchased a spare steering wheel which has been posted to Royal steering wheels this morning for a retrim and reshape.

Pics soon to follow! :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Little mod info update.

Parts ordered to be fitted just before Christmas.

Focal ps165FX speakers

Focal DSA500RT amp and sub

Engine start button concealed in ashtray.

Steering wheel has been retrimmed by Royal steering wheels and it's simply stunning.

Pics to follow on all mods. :thumbs:

Looking good martybhoy.my car is azure blue too with black chrome wheels,let me know how you get on with the chargespeed rear end, and like you I fitted the GARMIN SAT NAV.

CHEERS :teeth::D

Thanks buddy. I've put the chargespeed rear on hold atm. Yeah the sat nav is one of my fav mods. It looks like stock due to the great fitment. It's almost as if they knew in advance lol.

• 3 weeks later...

The new steering wheel. Cannot praise the quality enough it's a top product now and lifts the overall feel and look of the Zeds interior a great mod! :thumbs:

96091296-F587-4E75-80ED-A0CBA2AA276D_zpsgajetsfq.jpg

Sacrificed my ashtray (don't smoke anyway) as my button was very tall. I'm happy with it though and adds a bit of flashiness when the relatives/friends etc are in the car.

1A14743B-B67E-4616-8434-7D39CF73CB0A_zpso98yzjhq.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't really updated here in a while.

So since my last update the Zed showed some signs of rust at the arches. I had the car undersealed and all remaining panels on the car have had a respray with all chips, dings and scratches removed so a full respray has been had. Including even the inner fenders were painted to prevent rust appearing for a (fingers crossed) hell of a long time.

The Zed has now been fitted with Tein S springs in addition to the bilstein shocks and a fast road alignment from a local tuning company the car is handling superbly.

Also a set of MIchelin pilot super sport tyres all round.

I love the combo of tein and bilstein it's gives a similar harshness over bumps/holes but higher performance in the bends and smooth as silk on good roads.

I will post some pics of the car on tein springs when it has fully settled.

The build goes on... Looking like this could be a car I'll keep for a long time.

Edited by martybhoy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see you've had a wheel change. What are the wheels on your car now? They look fab! I'm getting my third Z next week. It's an 07 Azure convertible and I'm looking for the same colour finish that you have on your wheels as it's lush with Azure. I think the car I'm buying has 18" wheels in silver that look similar in design to yours. :)

• Like 1

Thanks chaps.

Those wheels are the Rays which were options on the 350z.

They are finished in shadow chrome. Which is a chrome base coat with a light black finish on top. In different light they can appear different colours but when clean and the sun is out like above, they are at their best!

• Like 1

They must be the 18" wheels. That colour combo is fab :) Thanks for the info. I take it the car is on 15mm shorter springs and the wheels have 20mm spacers. Whatever set up you have it works.

Edited by D350z
  • Like 1

Cheers Cob,

I actually got my respray done in parts as I didn't intend on doing quite as much.

So when all I had left was the doors and roof I thought ''what the hell'' and just finished it off.

It was carried out by RM bodywork in East Kilbride, couldn't recommend them high enough. Even resprayed the rear bumper again as he said he seen a colour difference. I hadn't noticed this in the slightest so showed to me how proud they are in their work.

Cheers Cob,

I actually got my respray done in parts as I didn't intend on doing quite as much.

So when all I had left was the doors and roof I thought ''what the hell'' and just finished it off.

It was carried out by RM bodywork in East Kilbride, couldn't recommend them high enough. Even resprayed the rear bumper again as he said he seen a colour difference. I hadn't noticed this in the slightest so showed to me how proud they are in their work.

They sound great, especially considering the cost of just respraying a bumper alone. Shame they are so far away from me!

I can't make up my mind with what colour wheels to have. Also considered shadow chrome, but suspect I'll go with gloss graphite. Both I think look good on an Azure.

• Like 1