Old Citroen

Ceejay29

I had (briefly - it was a swap) a 1976 CX. The most comfortable car I think I've ever been in, and that includes a contemporary Silver Shadow and XJ6/Xj12... Bronze with beige velour - sadly I didn't take any photos.

Quirky as heck though - the speedo was a revolving sphere, the high pressure hydraulics (suspension and brakes) meant you didn't have a brake pedal but a button which went from no brakes to full panic power in about 3mm of travel. You soon learnt the meaning of feeling the brakes. IIRC the GS had a flat four engine - the rear spark plugs could only be removed from below.

It was such a good system, Rolls adopted it under licence. I kid you not.

Long time since I saw one on the road, but a GS similar to the car spotted is run by a staffer on Classic and Sportscar.

• Like 2

aha!! this reminds me of my dads love affair with god awful citroens. Yes, that carbuncle on wheels in none other than the CX estate. My dad had one exactly the same as that. Those were dark days. Closely followed by not 1 but 2 citroen SMs! Italian + French engineering.......need I say more.

• Like 1