Rust!!!

Hougenie

Hello again boys and girls!!

Having a bit of a nightmare with the zed at the moment - exhaust corroded which I was about to buy/fix, service due (happening tomorrow) and toay just noticed a fair bit of rust round the drivers side, rear wheel arch!

I will try and upload some photos.

Is this a major issue - can it be repaired easily, or is it time to think about selling it :( :( :surrender:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/g3gn0l9m2xlja68/AAAscFbLpzGcdM8QdfnW6IB3a

Please help!!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not that it helps with recommendations, but should help with price guide.

My Zed is currently in the body shop having three rusty areas cut out the near side rear arch and replaced with new metal.

I went to four places and three quoted £300 and one £330.

Gotta wait till Saturday before I can pick her up :cry::(

Yes. That's me dropping the car off with rusty bits and then picking it up with rusty bits removed, replaced and repainted. Hopefully the same colour as the rest of the car.

Nice one Ian... Was it that bad? I never noticed it.

I just recently had the arches rolled at the back and im worried all the gunk and moisture will get stuck in there and turn my car into a rusty old nail.. Is there anything i can do to protect that area? grey primer on the inside of the arch maybe after a good clean?

I had them rolled because they where rubbing and the worry itsthat paint has been removed with the tyre and will now rust.