Power Flow custom exhaust

mouthwash

Has anyone had an experience with the above? I want a custom mid pipe created as the sound of my new setup is just too quiet.

As there will have to be a bend/angle in the exhaust do they do it properly or just bend the pipe restricting air flow? Also, do they mate up the exhausts correctly (both my backbox and y-pipe will have the OEM connectors on them).

I would have thought they could do that for you.....but can't understand why you just didn't buy the resonated cobra mid pipe to fit to your old system ?

Because its about 3 times the price for a straight bit of metal pipe.

The issue with Power Flow Ian is they aren't true custom. What I found out is, they basically stock loads of different angled pipes etc and connect them together, it's like lego.

I think there is someone in brighton but can't remember the company name which will make you up a pipe on the spot.

Failing that, go to Birmingham and go to MIJ Performance :)

I would have thought they could do that for you.....but can't understand why you just didn't buy the resonated cobra mid pipe to fit to your old system ?

Because its about 3 times the price for a straight bit of metal pipe.

The issue with Power Flow Ian is they aren't true custom. What I found out is, they basically stock loads of different angled pipes etc and connect them together, it's like lego.

I think there is someone in brighton but can't remember the company name which will make you up a pipe on the spot.

Failing that, go to Birmingham and go to MIJ Performance :)

If you're thinking of heading over to birmingham look up RJ Performance for custom exhausts, Jay who owns the place has fabricated many exhaust systems for me and I can recommend him very highly :)

I could have bought a new resonated pipe for the cobra system but I wasn't overly enjoying the tone anyway so fancied a change.

Of course Bob, forgot about that... ! Guess you've had no issues then.

Yeah grundy, there is a place in Brighton (or hove) which Ill call Monday... I just know I'll be annoyed if they do a poor job..

Need more noise for Germany :p

I used a custom exhaust place but they were a longlife exhaust affiliate. The question is not the supplier its the fitter that makes all the difference.

I used demand engineering in Suffolk and they mandrel bend and tig weld all their work. I have heard that powerflow does use full stainless for all their parts. Longmire do and offer a lifetime warranty on it too.

Cheers for the info/advice guys, I did look at longlife but I don't think there is a branch near West Sussex (or near me). Power flow is the closest as it's only a few miles away, I'll go and see what they have to say for themselves and see if there is any examples of their work.

I test drove one with a powerflow system before I bought mine - it sounded fab and maybe quicker because of it, but I dont know if I could've put up with it day to day.

Also..... the previous owner said he had been through 3 propshafts since he'd got it and he said the silencer was fouling it when it went over speed bumps!?

I don't drive my car daily really, only use it occasionally.

I'm sure if they made a system that fouled the prop shaft they'd be responsible for sorting it out? Good to know anyway and I'll keep an eye out to see how flexible it is but as I only want the mid pipe it shouldn't be too bad?

Edited by mouthwash