Anyone else running Jade R alloys?

MCook

My car came with 20" Jade R alloys when I bought it, I am now contemplating whether or not I should keep them and get them refurbished (I admit, in my first few weeks of driving they did meet a few curbs. One incident I did catch on my GoPro, it was not pretty.) or sell up and find some new shoes.

Along with the curbing damage the front drivers side has a dent, which I believe is causing the tyre to slowly deflate, I have been pumping it up weekly but I do not let it go below 25 psi before doing so.

I love the look of the wheels on my car, but if I go down the refurb route I have been thinking about colours... Mainly graphite or gunmetal, or does the silver on silver stay?!

I was wondering if anyone who has the same alloys may have some 'inspirational' images, perhaps them in a different colour?

The only thing I do not like about the look of mine at the moment are the tyres as they are to small for the alloys, mainly the rear which are stretch quite a bit.

Here is a picture as she is at the moment..

e9i0ko.jpg

2a3mkk.jpg

Here is a quick Photoshop of the possibility....

mvjek9.jpg

Personally not a fan of 20" wheels so I would be inclined to switch them out, also car looks a little odd with the rear stretched and the front not are the tyre sizes the same?

I think there was a black zed on here somewhere with black Jade R alloys on, maybe someone knows where to find it.

Personally not a fan of 20" wheels so I would be inclined to switch them out, also car looks a little odd with the rear stretched and the front not are the tyre sizes the same?

I think there was a black zed on here somewhere with black Jade R alloys on, maybe someone knows where to find it.

I have to admit, at times I do think they look out of place, and a bit too much. As for new alloys I would not know where to start... too much choice...............!

• 1 month later...

My Zed came with the same alloys but my wheels all have stretched tyres. I have kerbed them numerous times and am in the same predicamanet..

gallery_20139_361_13039.jpg

gallery_20139_362_12806.jpg

I have been given prices to referb them of £70 per wheel, but I am possibly considering these below (vortex alloys with a nice deep dish for the rear wheels): They look sexy as hell!!!... So just waiting until after winter to buy them and flog the Jade-R's.

$_57.JPG

Edited by jbrunouk