POLL - Which iPhone you're getting (if you got a new one)

Adrian@TORQEN

Which iPhone you're getting?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which iPhone you're getting?

So which one you're getting and why?

Major differences:

Screen:

The 6 Plus isn't just larger -- it has a higher resolution (1,920 x 1,080 vs. 1,334 x 750) and a higher pixel density (401 pixels per inch vs. 326 ppi).

Landscape mode:

The 6 Plus will be able to use special iPad-style landscape modes on some apps when the phone is held horizontally; the 6 will not.

Camera:

Though both devices are equipped with an 8-megapixel lens, only the larger iPhone 6 Plus has optical image stabilization -- which should help out any unsteady hand that's shooting an image or recording a video.

Battery:

In addition, the 6 Plus has a higher battery capacity, meaning you can expect to talk, watch movies, and surf the Web for a few hours longer.

Apple Store is down at the moment, getting ready for pre-order

2014-09-12_08-08-21-1.jpeg

Edited by Lexx

I certainly won't be pre-ordering to get ripped off.

iPhone 5 my mate got it on the day it came out on a £35 a month contract for £250

2 months later I got the same phone on a £30 a month contract for £25 :)

Rush out and buy one in a frenzy and get ripped off, no doubt eBay will be stuffed full of them at rediculous prices too :shrug:

I have 1 month contract with Three, so buying the phone unlocked from Apple directly as usual. iPhone 6, space grey, 128GB, £699

Why 128gb?

Just cos it's the biggest?

Have to agree with Three, excellent 4G for nothing and unlimited :)

Cause I take a lot of photos and videos, I have a library of 50.000 of family photos starting from 1910 to today. Still need to organise another 2TB of photos to select what to keep.

I have 1 month contract with Three, so buying the phone unlocked from Apple directly as usual. iPhone 6, space grey, 128GB, £699

Why 128gb?

Cause I take a lot of photos and videos, I have a library of 50.000 of family photos starting from 1910 to today. Still need to organise another 2TB of photos to select what to keep.

Fair enough but they don't need to all be in the physical memory of your iPhone these days with 4G do they?

Just seems excessive to me but then my 5s is only 16gb, I hold no music or video everything is streamed :shrug:

Why 128gb?

Do any of the 1910 photos have Colin or Graham in them :stir:

• Like 2

3 has terrible signal where I live. Currently with Virgin on a sim only 15 a month unlimited but no 4g. I'm in between glasgow and edinburgh in the hills and signal issues are a nightmare. My old man had a 3 sim only deal and it was atrocious where we live. Couldn't get any signal in our house and the customer service was shocking

I really liked Virgin to be honest. Always had fantastic service. Even outside up our way 3 coverage is terrible mate, we attempted to have 3 a couple of times up here and its been disastrous every time unfortunately. That 53 quid a month includes the costs of the iPhone 64gb also. So 1300 over 2 years including phone and contract. Not too shabby imo.

Not really relevant. My mum has the nexus and its absolute pants! Its about how things work that matters, my mums phone crashes whenever it wants, freezes, and the android interface is a piece of sh*t to deal with. And also it doesn't sink with my MBP, iPad Air & iPad mini ;)