Anybody on here tried these "Bad Boys"...??

WhackyWill

I used to have them on my previous Zed. Sounded nice!

Did they get through a MOT OK..? :thumbs:

Yes mate it flew through MOT testing. I got my MOT done at CS.

I remember Andy leaving my Zed running for a bit prior to testing, I'm assuming it's because the warmer the engine becomes, the lower the emissions it will release, just to ensure it passes the MOT.

• Like 1

Have them on mine and have no complaints. Quite a few peeps on here have heard my setup and have generally had good comments.

You'll get a bit of rasp from 2.5-3k rpm... but you will with any non resonated HFC's. :thumbs:

Sounds great all along Yorkshire Dales!

• Like 1

Yea, true that mate! May be just as you said - the early ones or something!

Can't find that video...but it was basically someone revving engine slightly and plenum was flexing pretty bad... Unless I'm confusing it with another make plenums

Not saying you're wrong Vlad, but pretty sure Keyser's car had a Kinetic plenum? Seemed to work ok on his, but I guess early ones might have had problems.

Yea, true that mate! May be just as you said - the early ones or something!

Can't find that video...but it was basically someone revving engine slightly and plenum was flexing pretty bad... Unless I'm confusing it with another make plenums

When I was looking into possibly changing my plenum it was the first versions from what I could see that had this issue. Think they're on about version 5 or something now.

If they haven't sorted out their issues by now I'd be worried. :lol:;)

I used to have them on my previous Zed. Sounded nice!

Did they get through a MOT OK..? :thumbs:

Yes mate it flew through MOT testing. I got my MOT done at CS.

I remember Andy leaving my Zed running for a bit prior to testing, I'm assuming it's because the warmer the engine becomes, the lower the emissions it will release, just to ensure it passes the MOT.

Hassan! You back bro?

I'm not completely sure about this but I think the Kinetix HFC don't have mounting points like what the Berks HFC have?? Just another thing to consider ;)

You're right, but anyone worth their salt will be able to add some mounting brackets when fitting. Abbey did so to mine and I've had no problems with them at all. They are also a lot lighter than the OEM cats, so you could probably get away without the brackets.

pretty sure Keysar was running the APS Plenum.. not that plastic one from kinetix.. :D

I think you're right, now that I come to think of it! I'm sure someone somewhere has run one without issue! :lol:

i am running the Kinetix plenum without issues.....had it given to me and after sourcing missing item ie gasket (cheers to wasso for sorting) and pipe conectors/joiner i am more than happy with it .car seems to be pulling better and stronger than before....and thats against the plenum spacer i removed.i did read all the negitive post about it but though i d give it ago...glad i have.

kineticplunum001_zps44f5aba0.jpg

kineticplunum005_zps87cbdb25.jpg

kineticplunum006_zpsf50d1d22.jpg

Edited by buster