Motorbikes & Burkas

tomdotc

I would like someone to provide me with a statistical analysis, from an official body recognised by law in this country. Of the number of garages historically held up by people wearing crash helmets, versus the number of garages historically held up by women wearing burkha's. I feel this might add something useful to the debate.

It would make zero difference, they still wouldnt be asked to remove Burkhas for fear of retribution. It doesnt matter if the stats show helmet wearer robberies exceed burkha wearer robberies, they still happen as documented below.

I would like someone to provide me with a statistical analysis, from an official body recognised by law in this country. Of the number of garages historically held up by people wearing crash helmets, versus the number of garages historically held up by women wearing burkha's. I feel this might add something useful to the debate.

Does Selfridges count?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-22811466

:lol:

Does Selfridges count?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22811466

No, it's not a garage ;)

Does Selfridges count?

No, it's not a garage ;)

They were on motorbikes though :)

• Like 1

It would make zero difference, they still wouldnt be asked to remove Burkhas for fear of retribution. It doesnt matter if the stats show helmet wearer robberies exceed burkha wearer robberies, they still happen as documented below.

Does Selfridges count?

If, from a statistical study, something is proven to occur more often. It would seem reasonable (one might think) to draw conclusions from that frequency (or lack ) of occurrence and use those conclusions, influenced by proven data capture and analysis,to either encourage or dissuade certain actions or behaviour no?

I can only assume (because I don't have access to the data) that unfortunately and historically, that a significant number of people wearing motorcycle helmets have committed robberies at petrol stations and other locations.

Companies, including massive organisations like Shell, Esso, BP, Tesco, Morrisons etc, etc do not want to alienate done of their clientele on purpose. They want biker money as much as anyone else's . However, their risk assessors and insurance have identified to them that 'Bikers wearing a helmet are a statistical risk'.

Therefore they may feel they have to act on that and ask bikers to remove their helmets. It's unfair , it seems like a minority is being picked on just for riding a bike and it's not fair someone else can cover their face, etc, etc.Its a bit crap isn't it?

However, until statistics show that Burkha wearing robbers pose as much or more of a statistical risk than bike helmet wearing robbers, it's not going to change, that's just the way it is. Don't get angry with the Burkha wearers, get angry with the bike helmet wearing idiots who steal stuff from people, it's their fault at the end of the day.

Alternatively try riding wearing a burkha over your helmet, they will never ask you to take your helmet off, because they won't see it under your burkha. That way you're beating them at their own game ;)

Edited by Bockaaarck

if you're going to pay @ a petrol station, you'll take the helmet off if required and walk in to pay. If you're wearing a burka you're not going to take it off and walk in to pay, I mean, that's why you walk in generally... to pay. If you walk in wearing a burka and rob the place, you rob the place. If you walk in wearing a helmet and rob the place, you rob the place. the only difference is, if someone looks like they're going to walk in wearing a helmet, you can get a heads up that they might rob the place. This is a moot topic.

Edited by Rock_Steady

I heard that burkas a worn so that the beauty of the woman wearing it, does not entice a man to have inappropriate thoughts of that woman. IF there's any truth in it I find it a little over assuming that, I am going to think that woman is beautiful and that even if I did, i'm going to think of inappropriate things about that woman. Just because I am a man, doesn't mean I constantly think with my manhood.

Edited by Rock_Steady

I heard that burkas a worn so that the beauty of the woman wearing it, does not entice a man to have inappropriate thoughts of that woman. IF there's any truth in it I find it a little over assuming that, I am going to think that woman is beautiful and that even if I did, i'm going to think of inappropriate things about that woman. Just because I am a man, doesn't mean I constantly think with my manhood.

I am a man, and I do :lol:

• Like 1

Never take my lid off and if got told to remove it I wouldn't fill up. I do put the visor up though. Bike has got a nice big registration plate on the back and CCTV everywhere, I can understand it might look a little intimidating but always very polite when I enter the station to pay.

Edited by maddog1982
  • Like 2

Meh.... Religion :thumbdown:

It's just a big argument over who's imaginary friend is better.

If I told everyone I had an imaginary friend called David, who died 3000 years ago from being thrown from a catapult and could change the future for me. If I then put an image of said catapult on my wall and knelt in front of it and spoke to David every night and morning I'd be sectioned. If I did it with 200 of my followers it would be called a cult and I'd be brainwashing people. A couple of million people do it and it's perfectly fine?!

• Like 3

Never take my lid off and if got told to remove it I wouldn't fill up. I do put the visor up though. Bike has got a nice big registration plate on the back and CCTV everywhere, I can understand it might look a little intimidating but always very polite when I enter the station to pay.

I do the exact same :)

I've only been asked once to remove my helmet before fueling up in 23 years of riding and I refused,rode to another one and never used that garage again.

• Like 1