Need help with hard to find part ...

jamess115

Folks, I have been searching for a part for weeks which I’m hoping someone on here will be able to help me with.

I’m after a Passenger side Interior Window Switch Cover for my JDM. I have recently sourced one from Clark Motorsport but this came from a ’03 model JDM and mine’s the facelift model. Needless to say, it didn’t fit.

Before I pay £100+ for some Cosmetic Chip and Paintwork company to repair the interior switch cover, if anyone has any clue where I can obtain this part, or who is selling from a face-lift JDM (pigs might fly).. I would be very grateful.

Here is a photo of the part I am after. NOTE: this from a UK model & doesn’t fit.

windowswitchcover-Copy_zpsbea2e579.jpg

This is the part I need to replace on my car. NOTE: Unlike the first photo, the window switch sits approx. half way up the door cover.

IMG_02831_zpsf8f7bf3c.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Can't help you with sourcing the part unfortunately but have you heard of water transfer printing AKA hydro dipping?

See my thread here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86048-hydro-dipped-interior-parts-door-pulls-grab-handle/

Lot's of people have had it done on their cars, ....if you don't fancy carbon fibre there are lot's of other things you could do; solid colours just like OEM, bright colours, sticker bomb style, various patterns etc.

Probably only cost you around £50-60 all in for both door handle/switch covers to be dipped. I also had my grab handle done which is why mine cost £70 but worth every penny imo. Any questions just ask. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Firstly - try Zmanalex, or Clarks both up in the far frozen north and both traders on here, very knowledgeable and helpful. If they come up empty -

2 people in the Northwest who break 350Zs and sell off the parts:

Dewsbury Auto Salvage Ltd 01924 466666 - in Dewsbury (No, really?)

Hills Salvage and Recycling Ltd 01695 551973 - in Skelmersdale

Downside with these guys is they know absolutely jack about 350Z and you may struggle to get them to understand the part you're looking for

(Edit - meant to add that Hills were the better of the 2 - I emailed them a photo and then called the guy back an hour later and they'd searched their stock to try and find something for me)

Good Luck

Edited by ianphampton
  • Like 1