They've arrived!

YHTM

Seen quite a few of these posts from excited Z modders (is that a word?), with pictures of the boxes waiting to be opened and the contents fitted over the next weekend.

So I thought that I will do the same with my Volk 19" GTVs that arrived from Japan this week via ParcelForce and signed for by my daughter. (The relevance of that will soon be understood!)

28800309430d5214ac45d52d2dfaf9ebe49dd8455823dc8838f64fe5.jpg

But look closely, what do you notice???????? (No silly comments about plants in background please!)

There's only bl***y three bl***y wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I didn't know there were supposed to be 4 dad!"

Now I am in the great ParcelForce loop trying to find where the hell the 4th one is.

Wonder whether they'd fit a Reliant Robin?

As per usual the British end of the delivery process results in a complete balls up.

Half way round the planet and then on the journey from port to home Parcelforce manage to lose a box. What a surprise.

Is there any wonder Parcelforce have NEVER made a profit? Last time I was at Royal Mail, the Parcelforce financial target was to LOSE £25m if I recall correctly. Which was a stretch, as the year before that I think they lost £30m.

Any wonder with such attention to detail?

Mind you, others arent much better, I think it was TNT or UPS who delivered my brake pads to the motor factors round the corner instead of my office - which made for an interesting afternoon trying to find two sets of incorrectly delivered brake pads in a motor factors main storage depot :dry:

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Laughing at the situation is the only way i can deal with it so don't worry if you find it funny!!!

Guess what, Parcel Force haven't rung me back as was promised to update me. What a surprise!

I couldn't bring myself to even look at them until tonight - and as I thought that stressed me even more. The wheels were delivered with a pair making up one consignment, the missing box has no identifiable markings/numbers on it at all as they are all on the top box which was delivered, so in the eyes of ParcelForce they were delivered correctly.

Need to chase up NewEra who sent them to me re insurance, but as they were classed as used wheels (even though mint/unmarked/hardly driven condition) I cannot imagine it will be much. I can just picture having to pay more for a single replacement wheel than the 4 I purchased plus duty which I didnt have to pay for these! aaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

Laughing at the situation is the only way i can deal with it so don't worry if you find it funny!!!

Guess what, Parcel Force haven't rung me back as was promised to update me. What a surprise!

I couldn't bring myself to even look at them until tonight - and as I thought that stressed me even more. The wheels were delivered with a pair making up one consignment, the missing box has no identifiable markings/numbers on it at all as they are all on the top box which was delivered, so in the eyes of ParcelForce they were delivered correctly.

Need to chase up NewEra who sent them to me re insurance, but as they were classed as used wheels (even though mint/unmarked/hardly driven condition) I cannot imagine it will be much. I can just picture having to pay more for a single replacement wheel than the 4 I purchased plus duty which I didnt have to pay for these! aaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

Ah man, that sucks :dry:

I think you're gonna have a problem with PorcelFarce if it was one package thats become split. The odd part may not even be labelled....

To be fair, we have multiple deliveries here every day from various parcel delivery companies and PF have got better over the last couple of years. I think this is mainly due to closing depots and making the old-style workforce redundant and opening new depots, hiring new people, with very different Ts & Cs.

It used to be easy for things to go missing because their process had one set of staff loading the vans, and then giving the drivers the manifest and sending them out. In the old regime it was not unknown for a driver to arrive with an item on the manifest but not on the van - now I wonder where that went!! (This is unlike most anies where the driver gets the manifest, loads the van themselves and anything missing is immediately the responsibility of the depot.)

Hope it turns up soon - are you looking on eBay??

I hate parcel force - the last time they delivered to me it took them a week to find my parcel in their depot. This was after they had sent me a customs letter & I had paid the bill.

Their excuse was that they forgot to put it on the truck & then they lost it :rant:

i would imagine that any unclaimed parcels especially one this size should end up somewhere at a holding place at a depot. You need to fine where that place is cos the a box that size doesn't vanish.

I do know how utterly useless the post office lost post department is, they lost my claim form :headhurt:

Hope it turns up

Sorry to hear this, that sucks. This country is the size of a nats ass in comparsion to others, yet we still have a system that is clearly failing. Who the hell projects for a loss....

If you are lucky maybe it will go to someone with a conscience and they will ensure you get it back.... failing that keep your eyes on ebay, you never know.

Sorry to bore you all with this saga but it's good therapy for me!

I still can't believe that the delivery driver didn't think it odd that one consignment was made up of two boxes with a strap around them and the other one was only one box with a strap that was clearly too big which he left on the floor!

Anyway actually spoke to someone today who is responsible for missing items, so a bit further on but clearly it hasn't surfaced yet at Charlton so he has emailed ParcelForce central depot. Needles and haystacks come to mind!

What was worrying was when searching for "ParcelForce Charlton" to get their number most of the results were blogs slagging the place off - not encouraging.

As part of my previous employment I actually visited the Parcelforce main depot at Coventry.

Im sorry to say, if its gone missing there, it could take some finding.

The place is absolutely massive. And I do mean massive.

Here is an aerial shot of the place.. The hundreds of long rectangular objects round the outside are articulated lorries.

http://googlesightseeing.com/2006/12/07 ... -coventry/

The area for missing/address unknown items is "sizeable" to say the least.

Seen quite a few of these posts from excited Z modders (is that a word?), with pictures of the boxes waiting to be opened and the contents fitted over the next weekend.

So I thought that I will do the same with my Volk 19" GTVs that arrived from Japan this week via ParcelForce and signed for by my daughter. (The relevance of that will soon be understood!)

28800309430d5214ac45d52d2dfaf9ebe49dd8455823dc8838f64fe5.jpg

But look closely, what do you notice???????? (No silly comments about plants in background please!)

There's only bl***y three bl***y wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I didn't know there were supposed to be 4 dad!"

Now I am in the great ParcelForce loop trying to find where the hell the 4th one is.

Wonder whether they'd fit a Reliant Robin?

I recently used parcelforce n they suck :dry:

city link r much better :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

:rant:

An update for anybody interested. Despite daily calls to Colin at ParcelForce Charlton still no sign at all of my missing wheel. Apparently it will be in Coventry so I suggested I could go up there and look. NO CHANCE - Colin can't even talk to anyone there it all has to be done by email.

I even took the boxes to Charlton to show them what to look for and what was inside. I'm not giving up as I cannot believe they will just end up throwing it in a crusher - surely at some stage they open up the lost parcels???

Anyway I am now having to contemplate how the hell I get a single wheel that isn't going to cost more than the 4 put together! They are used but the three I have seen are absolutely mint.

Any ideas?

Sorry to bore you all with this saga but it's good therapy for me!

I still can't believe that the delivery driver didn't think it odd that one consignment was made up of two boxes with a strap around them and the other one was only one box with a strap that was clearly too big which he left on the floor!

Anyway actually spoke to someone today who is responsible for missing items, so a bit further on but clearly it hasn't surfaced yet at Charlton so he has emailed ParcelForce central depot. Needles and haystacks come to mind!

What was worrying was when searching for "ParcelForce Charlton" to get their number most of the results were blogs slagging the place off - not encouraging.

AT CHARLTON?? You mean charlton depot Parcel force, oh dear :scare: We deal with them they do courier for us, this number might help as he is our point of call and he has quite some control over there especially with lost parcels if he can: Just pmd ya

I shouldnt worry if insured, as the courier will have to scan for 4 parcels if only 3 scanned you will get money back if four scanned for then an invetigation will have to be placed with the driver then taken from there. Failing that get your daughter out washing neighbours cars to make up enough money to get another wheel...sorry does not help :blush:

Its unlikely someone would nick a wheel though ;)

Thanks Zedrush,

Unfortunately the wheels were in pairs so the scannable boxes did arrive, the missing box has no markings/labels on it whatsoever.

I contacted Newera who sent them over from Japan on behalf of the guy I bought them from. They told me the insurance was only for £100 even though I paid £750 for the set, they've gone a bit quiet now!

:rant:

An update for anybody interested. Despite daily calls to Colin at ParcelForce Charlton still no sign at all of my missing wheel. Apparently it will be in Coventry so I suggested I could go up there and look. NO CHANCE - Colin can't even talk to anyone there it all has to be done by email.

I even took the boxes to Charlton to show them what to look for and what was inside. I'm not giving up as I cannot believe they will just end up throwing it in a crusher - surely at some stage they open up the lost parcels???

Anyway I am now having to contemplate how the hell I get a single wheel that isn't going to cost more than the 4 put together! They are used but the three I have seen are absolutely mint.

Any ideas?

get a job there then you can have a good scout about, once you've found your wheel pack in the job :teeth: