Back from the re-furb

Mr mav

Got my gtr wheels back at last! Still having a nightmare selecting the correct tires, narrowed it down to 255 on the front and 285 at the rear but I'm still unclear as what profile to go for?? 30 or 35?? My Z is lowered 30mm aswell

I ran a stretched 35 for quite a while; the sidewalls must have been closer to a 30 or less? Ditched it for a well fitting 35 tyre (wider) and the ride was so much smoother. Consequently I wouldn't run anything with a sidewall shallower than a 35.

Another thing to consider is that the lower profile will bring your rim much closer to the road surface and those dreaded potholes. Your new refurbed wheels could take a bashing!!

Edited by Ceejay29

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking from recent experience of messing about with wheel/tyre sizes - isn't this set up going to cause havoc with the car's electronics? TC/ABS?

Also, I'd change the rubbing tyres sooner rather than later - if they are relatively new, you will recover most of the cost on ebay.