iPhone Problems. Anybody Else On Here Got This .?

WhackyWill

I recently noticed that I was missing calls on my iPhone.

Thought it was just my ringtone was turned down, so re-set it all

and still the same. Today missed a few call as well, so Google'd

it to discover its a problem caused by upgrading to IOS 7...

Surely Apple need to sort this out rapidly, but seems not. :angry: :angry:

http://discussions.a...art=15&tstart=0

Edited by WhackyWill

Dumb question but have you got the ringer silence switch "on", same happened to me for a few days i was missing calls and after Googling saw that the switch was set to "Silent", must have flicked it on while in my pocket or something

Dumb question but have you got the ringer silence switch "on", same happened to me for a few days i was missing calls and after Googling saw that the switch was set to "Silent", must have flicked it on while in my pocket or something

No its not on silent, its just gone low volume recently..!! :surrender:

Probs best to take it to an Apple store or your phone company for a once over... Reminds me of a mate of mine a few years ago, he had problems with the volume coming through the ear piece on his Nokia, so he took it to bits at work and blew compressed air into it to blow out the dust... not his smartest move, totally obliterated his phone and brought a whole new meaning to "Blowing things up"

• Like 1

I think your headphone socket needs replacing Will. Not expensive to buy but very fiddly.

Or the switch embedded in the socket that diverts sound from phone to ear piece may be jammed or dirty.

1st of all dip the jack plug of your earphones in some alcohol the same stuff you use for cleaning screens

and components.

Then rapidly push in and out 8-10 times and try that.

If this does not cure it then a replacement socket is about £12 - £25 dependant on where you go.

The cheap £5 ones on fleabay do not last long.

Hope this helps

• Like 2

I think your headphone socket needs replacing Will. Not expensive to buy but very fiddly.

Or the switch embedded in the socket that diverts sound from phone to ear piece may be jammed or dirty.

1st of all dip the jack plug of your earphones in some alcohol the same stuff you use for cleaning screens

and components.

Then rapidly push in and out 8-10 times and try that.

If this does not cure it then a replacement socket is about £12 - £25 dependant on where you go.

The cheap £5 ones on fleabay do not last long.

Hope this helps

Thanks mate. Appreciate that, will do.

But I do like the idea of sticking it in my ear..!!! :thumbs: