Lamborghini replica

Akiragost

I've seen online some interesting ideas and I'm toying about doing a Lamborghini replica with perhaps an Audi or bmw v12 engine in it. That aside though, does anyone know where I can go to get a space frame made up for it?

Did you post this in the right forum?

You know its a 350z forum right?

Yea that's what I thought, I'm part of this forum and was wondering if anyone knew about space frames, they're not just for replicas but race cars so someone on here might have known =p what kinda price do you guys think it would cost for getting a space frame made up? Or am I better off finding places who build the whole kits?

I was hoping to keep it around 25k or less but I have no idea on space frames, they're not as common as ur normal mr2 conversions or what not

Not sure if you've come across this site before but have a look as there are loads of Lambo replicas on it from complete cars & kits.

Link: http://lamborghinireplica.com/ForSale/For%20Sale.htm

Definitely do a build thread on here if you follow through ~ something different after all. ;)

Mate, not being funny but you've no chance at getting something decent for that money.

Unless you can design your own space frame via CAD and have an idea of suspension and chassis design so it doesn't handle like an utter pig, as well as being able to complete everything from painting to wiring to interior fitment to IVA stuff then £25k would be wildly off the mark. Even vaguely decent replicas based on actual cars (albeit ones with four pots) are coming in at around £20K minimum.

For a design and build package for that, I would guess at a near doubling of that at the very least. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm miles out, but I certainly wouldn't think that £25k is realistic I'm afraid.

That said, it's a good idea and if you can do the entire build after the space frame for that cost then massive fair play to you. :thumbs:

Yea I've no idea of the costs for doing projects like this so was enquiring. Never delved into kit cars. Idea kinda came to mind when I saw someone with a turbo charged bmw v12 engine in a Lamborghini Diablo replica. Got mates with bodywork and wiring and everything, just don't know nothing about creating the space frame. Wanted to know the costs to see if it's viable.

£30K invested in this one so far and not finished yet.

Murcielago%20081314%20(3).jpg

Murcielago%20081314.jpg

2006 orange Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 roadster replica check it out - $30000 (Dallas/ fort worth

I am selling my Lamborghini replica because I have 3 new srt10 vipers I'm working on and I Don't have any time to work on this beautiful supercar. Real Lamborghini lights, real taillights, oem grills, real Lamborghini black wheels and Pirelli tires, rear wheels are 13 inch wide, emblem, interior is in excellent shape. and car is professionally stretched on a v6 Fiero, automatic transmission. Runs and drives great. Does not overheat. All new cooling system with 3 brand new radiators hooked up. is almost complete only needs a few things to get it on the road.

Here is what needs to be done:

Install the outer door skins (already painted orange)

Hook up gauges and lights

Install a hood latch

Well over $ 50k invested in this build but no time. So my loss is your gain.

Asking $ 30k please have cash in hand before contacting me.

And that link is based on an actual car, so imagine how much more to create your own and add the running gear...

Exactly, ..not going to be cheap to do.

Personally I'd rather buy a £10K TVR Cerbera and spend the rest on restoring it to as new condition & rebuilding the engine. B):D

• Like 1

If you are hell bent on doing this, then perhaps modifying a gt40 replica kit chassis or something similar would be an option. I looked into building a cobra replica and as others have said, £25k is going to be a bare minimum figure.