Anyone been to the Maldives ?

Bodyboarder81

Hi all .....

Our 10 year anniversary is coming up ( 16 together !!) and we have been through a tough time with my dad passing away 3 months ago that we want to treat our selves and I've managed to persuade my wife to leave or boy with my mum and go away for 10 days :)

So I'm thinking the Maldives ... I know it's pricey but with us wanting a 2nd child ( or a supercharger if I had my way) in the next 2 years the time is now to do it ...

Has anyone been there , where would you recommend and can I do it for 5k ?

Cheers :)

We had our honeymoon there in 2012. We went to Kerudu, which is one of the bigger islands, although you can still walk round the whole perimeter in about 35 mins. I think it had the best of both worlds, as you could be totally alone, romantic and not see anyone all day when you wanted, but there was also some activities available if your not one for sitting around all day everyday. I would highly recommend the scuba diving - rays, turtles, octopus ,sharks (if you want) and all the amazing colorful fish on the reef.

It was absolutely amazing. We have never been on holiday to the same place twice.....but we will definitely go back there. Probably on our 10th.

:thumbs:

The in laws went a couple of years back. He cannot relax, runs his own small business and very hands on.

He came back saying holidays with very little to do aren't his thing saying Maldives was one such place but it's the best holiday he's ever had and he was able to totally switch off. They had a private beach villa and the next neighbours were 50m away. That's their benchmark these days wether they know it or not ;)

It's on my places to visit list however I think they will sadly be gone before I can afford to go.

If you can get a deal you're happy with then do it and enjoy... It's probably the place you will produce twins ;)

Edit: Bloody iPhone turning deal to desk

Edited by Fodder

It's amazing! We have been twice, the last island we went to was Kuramanthi (I think that's how you spell it). If you love snorkelling/scuba you can't beat it. We snorkelled with black tip reef sharks but don't worry they don't bother you, they were about 6 foot and amazing to watch as they check you out as they swim past you. I saw the biggest Titan trigger fish ever! It was the size of a dustbin lid. Beautiful place, you'll love it.

Hi all .....

Our 10 year anniversary is coming up ( 16 together !!) and we have been through a tough time with my dad passing away 3 months ago that we want to treat our selves and I've managed to persuade my wife to leave or boy with my mum and go away for 10 days :)

So I'm thinking the Maldives ... I know it's pricey but with us wanting a 2nd child ( or a supercharger if I had my way) in the next 2 years the time is now to do it ...

Has anyone been there , where would you recommend and can I do it for 5k ?

Cheers :)

I have been to Fihalhohi

(https://www.google.de/maps/place/Fihalhohi,+Malediven/@3.8773822,73.3668642,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x3b40a2210ea23161:0x93fda86b319d8f8d)

2002 and it was a great holiday!!!!!

Keep in mind that most of the maledivian islands are very small,.........and if u r not a diver it could be boring,.....if u r a diver it is fantastic,..........we did very intresting divings and the underwaterworld is amazing there.

we payed in 2002 roundabout 5000€ inclusive flight, accomodation and all meals for 16 days.

Hope i could give u an impression

GreetZ

Michael

It's amazing! We have been twice, the last island we went to was Kuramanthi (I think that's how you spell it). If you love snorkelling/scuba you can't beat it. We snorkelled with black tip reef sharks but don't worry they don't bother you, they were about 6 foot and amazing to watch as they check you out as they swim past you. I saw the biggest Titan trigger fish ever! It was the size of a dustbin lid. Beautiful place, you'll love it.

Sounds good! We have been all around Africa and been in the water with tiger sharks and great whites ( were in a cage though for he great whites ! ) and love being around sharks and animals , sounds right up our street

Thanks everyone for the info ... :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Maldives is amazing, and would recommend if you enjoy diving (which I do for a living). My GF and I went to Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo.

So many good things about the maldives, but i'll just say make sure you go all inclusive, or you get ripped off, even on bottled water.

A budget of £5k is more than enough for a couple staying for 2 weeks.

Sadly my pics are too big to upload here, and I dont know how to compress it :(

Maldives is amazing, and would recommend if you enjoy diving (which I do for a living). My GF and I went to Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo.

So many good things about the maldives, but i'll just say make sure you go all inclusive, or you get ripped off, even on bottled water.

A budget of £5k is more than enough for a couple staying for 2 weeks.

Sadly my pics are too big to upload here, and I dont know how to compress it :(

Use photo bucket and then attach the Img tag :thumbs:

• Like 1

We went there for our honeymoon.

Most relaxting trip I've ever had, and I've been all round the world several times. It was perfect for a honeymoon or holiday get away where you just want to absorb yourself in being with one another.

We went to Veligandu resort, it's a small island (600m long if that), lots of amazing snorkelling, scuba to be done, lots of chilling out on pearly white sandy beaches, amazing food (unlimited food, and drink if you drink alcohol or not), water sports and so on.

For only around £5-6k you can go to one of the higher tier resorts for 10 nights or so. I'd avoid the bigger islands if you want a bit of quiet time, and want to keep away from families.

It's constantly around 30C and you do get the occasional downpour but they hardly last long.

A few pics:

2pDqZv8.jpg

f5SGV4P.jpg

Bts81cz.jpg

elBC3Fc.jpg

30M8EJe.jpg

2WnONZQ.jpg

ANCwpyu.jpg

DgggKtA.jpg

ndgwtNp.jpg

AS you can see there aren't many people loitering around, you get a lot of privacy. We did a bit of island hopping to other islands and resorts, see some of the locals, went fishing and on a few boat trips., it was never crowded.

If you were to go to a bigger resort I think you'd end up getting a little bit bored of people.

The beach here had beds, hammocks, and other chill out areas under palm trees hidden amongst and around the island, so you could disappear and have a private cuddle and chat without lots of people around.

There was also a spa there, which whilst not my thing, having a thai woman massage your inner thigh is always pleasurable! :D

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 2