First Hiccup

martybhoy

After being absolutely blown away with my zed I have across my first hiccup! :yuck:

Went to leave work last night, turned the key and no start...

I put it down to the fact the car had probably been sitting a while and been having it on and off for short spells to let people see/hear it etc.

Got the tech with his jump pack at the work to hook it up and started no problem first time. I took it a run after that to let it charge up.

Got up this morning and nothing again, could hear the starter clicking but no ignition. Hooked up jump leads again its fired no problem.

This sound like a dead battery or have I got something a bit bigger to worry about? :scare:

Would have been funnier if you had forgotten to sink the clutch peddle being new to the car in all your excitment. Glad you got it fixed. I must be lucky, leave mine on the drive for weeks on end and she always fires first time and holds her charge..

Edited by Payco

After 3 weeks of driving autos automatics in the US/Canada, went to start the Z and .... nothing. Battery went for me last year after 5 years and thought it was happening again. Then I remembered to depress the clutch and not the brake as I had been doing to start the auto's :lol:

2 new batteries in the space of 2 winters (although the initial battery lasted 5yrs!). Now use an optimate all winter :)

...must stick with oem replacement time

That was replacing with the fancy ass Bosch batteries! The problem was charging the batteries all the time after full discharge...