Which 10k Hot Hatch?

Stutopia

The scooby is out for reasons unknown, possibly snobbishness. The Focus is low on the list, really just on there as I fancy a test drive. If I was a betting man I'd say Mazda or Seat at this stage...

Thanks all for your comments, no progress on this as my mate's sunning himself in Budapest.

Renault megane r26 ...... Had one before the zed and hands down the best handling car I've owned ... Would spank my zed around track or B road . Picked mine up for 7k on an 08 plate with 41k on . I slapped on some r26r suspension , front mount and remap ( 265bhp 310ftlb ) brembos , LSD , recaro all standard ... As well as rattles and shoddy build quality :) .... But boy they can embarras very expensive cars

• Like 2

None of the other cars mentioned will come close to the MPS for value for money!

Ive said in another thread that ive owned two of them. First was an 09 plate facelift MK1 and later was a 12 plate MK2. I would highly recommend them, and throw around £1500 at one and you are easily at 350bhp. Any higher will require forged internals!

If you want parts in the UK, look at FR&R Tuning, and most definately avoid the company called Total MPS. Most choose to import parts from the likes of Corksport, JBR, CP-E and Edge Autosport.

If remapping you want to buy a handheld Cobb Access Port, and you simply take logs of your car, and email off to a tuner for an e-tune. There is one guy in the UK that is classed as a bit of a genuis when it comes to mapping, and has fixed cars that have been poorly mapped by some supposed good tuners. Plenty companies in the US that will do you an e-tune for not a huge amount of money.

www.mpsowners.co.uk

Edited by ross27
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The main reason for lack of popularity amongst Scooby owners is the chocolate pistons on the weaker 2,5 engine they use as opposed to the stronger 2.0 from previous years. My dad has an 08 hatch and I love it, but then it has been fully forged and is pushing 500 bhp

Totally changed tack and he opted for BMW M Sport 320D in the end. I suggested the 335D but he didn't rate it on test drive enough to surrender 15 mpg.

I don't understand BMW drivers, let alone how they find their cars in car parks amongst all the others :stir: