Rolling Road / Dyno Prep

14N

I may have an opportunity of chucking the Zed on a rolling road this weekend; I've never been to one before so I have all the intention of just spectating.

However, if the opportunity arises, is there anything I could or should do to prepare my car for the RR?

I might not even get chance as I think all spaces are full, but you never know. There'll be a mixture of cars there, and curiosity may get the better of folk. "Stick yer Zed on it mate, let's see watcha got".

Just wanna ensure we're prepared :)

Nothing really, just make sure the engine isn't stone cold when they run it. Give it a quick run for a few mins before hand to get it up to operating temp, and leave it running for a few mins before the dyno itself.

Other checks as usual, oil, coolant etc.

Nothing really, just make sure the engine isn't stone cold when they run it. Give it a quick run for a few mins before hand to get it up to operating temp, and leave it running for a few mins before the dyno itself.

Other checks as usual, oil, coolant etc.

This, I had my 1st one earlier this year, didn't do any prep, just left the car idling for 5mins before I went onto the ramps.

If you are lowered at all, may be worth taking some logs to act as ramps etc to help you get on, depending how the roller is setup and located.

Cheers guys, appreciate the response :thumbs:

As I say, I'm not sure I'll actually get onto the RR, but it doesn't do any harm to prepare. They're all just routine checks anyway.

It's a local RR and essentially it's a car club meet (RenaultSport) but I'm taking the Zed instead of the Clio :lol: Will see how the meet goes - might try sort a Zed meet there. 3 runs on the RR are £30 which I didn't think was a bad price.

I'd love to take mine to a Dyno but dunno where there is any near me in Scotland (nearish not ...Aberdeen or something lol...for the record im inbtween glasgow/Edinburgh). Would be good to see what shes got.

I'd love to take mine to a Dyno but dunno where there is any near me in Scotland (nearish not ...Aberdeen or something lol...for the record im inbtween glasgow/Edinburgh). Would be good to see what shes got.

You need to go and see the guys at HQ Garage in Fife just over the Forth bridge, they do regular dyno days :)

Well, I'm booked in, deposit paid. I guess we'll find out tomorrow how 99,000 miles, 10 years, a pop charger and K1 effect a 350Z.

Any ideas or thoughts what figures I should expect?

Well, I'm booked in, deposit paid. I guess we'll find out tomorrow how 99,000 miles, 10 years, a pop charger and K1 effect a 350Z.

Anything 258+ is good (Mainly because that is what I got, mine was pretty low :lol: )

Anything 258+ is good (Mainly because that is what I got, mine was pretty low :lol: )

With the usual supporting free breathing mods yes but if it's just a pop charger (which is known to rob a horse or two) and a K1 I would expect less than 258 at the wheels

Edited by Exotic

Will do, once my Scorpion/Cobra is on next week might be worth having a go. Is their any risk? (i know an engine can go boom, but its an unmodded HR so im assuming quick jaunt up the revs should be ok for it?) ...its nearly on 48K.

If its just a dyno run you won't have anything to worry about if the engines in good nick.

If you are looking to get an Up Rev done check this thread out, Mark from Abbey is trying to get some names together to come up and do some

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/85869-trip-to-scotland-to-carry-out-uprev-tuning/