car theft

nissanman312

I'm as far as you can get before falling into the irish sea - so maybe a touch far...........and the garden measures 100ft wide x 40ft deep - so, as long as the ammunition didn't go further than that we'd be fine

I'm as far as you can get before falling into the irish sea - so maybe a touch far...........and the garden measures 100ft wide x 40ft deep - so, as long as the ammunition didn't go further than that we'd be fine

Even as much as I love driving the Z thats a fair commute to shoot crows :lol:

I wish the law would allow me to carry one of my toys in the car with me, esp the Mossberg with the magnum shells :boxing:

:lol: Ive the .410 version of that mossberg with a silencer (moderator) on it which I use for lamping, and in the USA its known as the "defender" aimed at home defence! They do it with a much shorter barrel, no stock and a "spreader" choke which helps you maneuver it in tight spots and inflict max damage to scumbags inside your house. :thumbs:

How quiet is this? Something ive been thinking of buying. Would love to have access to more land to shoot on :scare:

Thats the problem I have. I used to do no end of lamping but moved a few years back and dont have anywhere near my current place except clay pigeon ranges. Ive 9 shotguns in my safe and a couple of really nice PCP air rifles gathering dust atm.

The hushpower mossberg is a handy tool. The .410 one has no recoil at all and is like a toy gun in size compared to a 12 bore. Noise wise, if your in the middle of a field, its like a sneeze. Really weird experience the first time you fire it. If your near hedges or barns then the noise is louder, but the key thing is, people 70 yards away cant hear it. They have a really tight choke on them so you have to be pretty accurate. On the clays it just blows them into dust. Handy for upto about 35 yards id say. Personally I tend to prefer PCP air rifle as quieter and more accurate, especially if your planning to eat what you shoot. The biggest downside id say is the sheer length of the gun. Cos of the pump action reciever on them, the full length silencer can only go back so far. So what was probably a 18inch barrel ends ups being like 34inch or something silly. Its like carrying a drainpipe around with you. I have to dismantle it to get into my gun safe and yet my 30" beretta semi auto 12bore fits in fine!

They do hold their value like mad, so if your interested in one, id be tempted to buy one 2nd hand, try it out and if you dont like it then you can just sell it on for what you paid no problem at all.

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 1

That made me laugh the drainpipe comment. Must be like a musket! My boss has a little land but doesnt like the noise his gun makes so might get one of these and see if he will let me have a go at the crows.

Thanks for the write up, nice to get an honest review. My 32 inch Beretta with extendable chokes only just fits in my safe.

That made me laugh the drainpipe comment. Must be like a musket! My boss has a little land but doesnt like the noise his gun makes so might get one of these and see if he will let me have a go at the crows.

Thanks for the write up, nice to get an honest review. My 32 inch Beretta with extendable chokes only just fits in my safe.

Yeah they are pretty long guns, but very handy to have. The other thing I didnt mention, is that when your in the field, at 2am stalking bunnies, the rambo style "click click" of the pump action seems incredibly loud and actually louder than the noise you get when your firing it. For crows though, i think it would be ideal, you can get a quick 3 shots off (5 if you have the FAC version) and soon sort out a few crows before they fly off. .410 cartridges though arnt cheap. You can get 12 bore versions, in fact the saddlerey & gunroom might even sell you a hushpower barrel for your one which might be an option.

If we are on the subject of guns please can I ask a question? I got out my air rifle ages ago to try and shoot rats but I had a surprise when I pulled the trigger and nothing happened. I know nothing about guns so I kind of shook it a little bit and the pellet fell out. I changed the gas canister but still nothing happened other than all the gas escaping, minus the pellet. I know I need to get it looked at but does anyone know what I have done to it to make it stop working? The rats were pleased initially by the way, but they probably didn't like it when the rat man came round later that week :surrender: