What do you do at work...

Husky

its not all its cracked up to be here, you just ask Graham when he gets home today.

. . Mountains . . are rubbish, lakes . . . are rubbish, rivers . . . are rubbish, waterfalls . . are rubbish, off roading . . . is rubbish, food . . is rubbish, people . . are horrible, weather . . is awful, wildlife . . . not seen any . . . . . I really don't know how I manage :stir:

I urge all of you to never come here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn was planning a trip next summer :cry:

Its ok Dave, we can have a rubbish time together :console:

:teeth:

Can I join the rubbishness?!

• Like 1

I've been self employed for a few years now but before that I worked for local newspaper and my bored time was spent on planning mischief and implementing it. As I did layout and design there I often sneaked things into the paper. One week, for example, I decided it should be Stan Collymore week and 'hid' copies of his picture in the pages (ie random photos with no captions). I was also entrusted with doing the weekly wordsearch and spent too much time getting up to no good with that.

Having said that I was probably one of the most diligent people there and got the paper out of the sh*t on a few occasions by noticing glaring errors so I didn't feel too bad for having a bit of enjoyment there ;)

But now I'm self employed I just read car forums when I get bored :(

S.

PS - Doodgy...your office looks great! My brother has just moved to near Edgemont village in Vancouver the lucky sod!

Edited by Squee

when i was promoted i dont go out as much and doing 14 hour shifts non stop for 3 months of the year got a bit tiring especially going from the snowy uk/ireland to blazing hot Nigeria then back to the uk then blazing hot Egypt,

Although i lost 2 stone in nigeria once in 3 weeks due to the shits, heat and **** all food

Edited by StevoD

I've been self employed for a few years now but before that I worked for local newspaper and my bored time was spent on planning mischief and implementing it. As I did layout and design there I often sneaked things into the paper. One week, for example, I decided it should be Stan Collymore week and 'hid' copies of his picture in the pages (ie random photos with no captions). I was also entrusted with doing the weekly wordsearch and spent too much time getting up to no good with that.

Having said that I was probably one of the most diligent people there and got the paper out of the sh*t on a few occasions by noticing glaring errors so I didn't feel too bad for having a bit of enjoyment there ;)

But now I'm self employed I just read car forums when I get bored :(

S.

PS - Doodgy...your office looks great! My brother has just moved to near Edgemont village in Vancouver the lucky sod!

Did you ever do things like this when you were bored? http://www.justingames.com/?p=95

£100 on ebay.. lol http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Huntley-Palmers-The-Naughty-Biscuit-Tin-/221491498138?pt=UK_Collectables_Advertising_ET&hash=item3391ec0c9a

Edited by Martinjj

My brother has just moved to near Edgemont village in Vancouver the lucky sod!

oooh cool, North Van is a nice place. . . . although far too many people for my liking. I prefer to be out in the country :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, we are looking to move out to Canada eventually. Was looking at property there with the mrs this week and dreaming. need to convince the parents to uproot and head over there I reckon, pool the money and buy a fricken massive house with a big chunk of land with a lake side view.

Was the move pretty painless?

• Like 1

Where's that exact location DoogyRev, mountain looks familiar as an ex BC resident, I work in rural Worcestershire now and my view ain't bad but it ain't that good you lucky bathbun!! :lol: loved the lifestyle, still long for the clean air, adored the seasons, respected the people but in the end the distinct lack of good pork pies, dripping chips, Bank's beer, on and my misses not being able to cope with living that far from her family finally drove me back to blighty. That said I recently returned to Vancouver for three weeks for nostalgia purposes and business and was shocked at the Canadian exponential growth to include the cost of living. Changed rapidly in the last 6 years especially the crime rate which was one of the attracting factors. Still don't look like much gun crime on your hill side there :D Still rather be there anytime.

its not all its cracked up to be here, you just ask Graham when he gets home today.

. . Mountains . . are rubbish, lakes . . . are rubbish, rivers . . . are rubbish, waterfalls . . are rubbish, off roading . . . is rubbish, food . . is rubbish, people . . are horrible, weather . . is awful, wildlife . . . not seen any . . . . . I really don't know how I manage :stir:

I urge all of you to never come here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can, although rather belatedly, confirm that it's complete pants and none of you would enjoy any of it all. :teeth: Don't waste your money.

Ahh, we are looking to move out to Canada eventually. Was looking at property there with the mrs this week and dreaming. need to convince the parents to uproot and head over there I reckon, pool the money and buy a fricken massive house with a big chunk of land with a lake side view.

Was the move pretty painless?

For us, it was very painless. Took 1 year to get the permits sorted and we jumped on a plane :yahoo: I know someone else who had a nightmare :surrender:

Where's that exact location DoogyRev, mountain looks familiar as an ex BC resident, I work in rural Worcestershire now and my view ain't bad but it ain't that good you lucky bathbun!! :lol: loved the lifestyle, still long for the clean air, adored the seasons, respected the people but in the end the distinct lack of good pork pies, dripping chips, Bank's beer, on and my misses not being able to cope with living that far from her family finally drove me back to blighty. That said I recently returned to Vancouver for three weeks for nostalgia purposes and business and was shocked at the Canadian exponential growth to include the cost of living. Changed rapidly in the last 6 years especially the crime rate which was one of the attracting factors. Still don't look like much gun crime on your hill side there :D Still rather be there anytime.

That's Mt Cheam, and we live in Agassiz B) Vancouver has grown a lot . . which is why we live 2 hours East :lol:

Can be an absolute nightmare, I went the skilled worker permanent residency route which took three years to finally get the residency papers and a further three months after we landed to get the all important SIN Numbers, Canada NI equivalent. This was probably the most painfull route but once you have residency papers your considered as good as Canadian as long as you spend the best part of 2 years there out of the next 5, this ensures residency is kept alive. It's now getting harder to immigrate to Canada as the past ten years has seen a dramatic attraction of all classes of skilled work force and know getting more selective. It's a worthwhile road but you have to be committed to the Canadian process, they don't want immigrants, they want new Canadians, you have to show a true love of all things Mooosey!! :lol: Just ONE THING ! make sure all involved understand that - family especially as no matter how close you think they are they can scotch your efforts by just being awkward, the emotional card is a hard one to beat :boxing:

• Like 1