Wheel & tyre sizes - help!

anglais49

Just fyi in case it helps;

I'm running Rota Grids ~

Front: 245/35/19 - 9.5J - ET20

Rear: 275/35/19 - 10.5J - ET20

All supplied by Mitz and all fitting on my 2003 Zed with no rubbing issues/fitment issues at all. ;)

Cheers!

So no need for 30 profile rears? There was talk running lower if the rear is wider...

tyre profile is subject to the wdith

if the tyre is 275/35/18 the tyre is 275mm wide and the profile is 35% of the width(275mm) high does that make sense?

so a 35 on a 245 is smaller than a 35 on a 275

Wouldn't that mean you'd want a lower profile on the rear to even it out? 35 of 245 is closer to 30 of 275 than to 35 of 275 (85 & 82 vs 96)

in the least patronising way of saying this, if you knew about wheel and tyres you wouldn't of started this thread.

I couldn't agree more, if I knew anything about them I wouldn't have needed to start a thread!

That's why we are trying to gather more information and advise you to choose a wheel 1st and then we can tell you what size tyre you need.

Say for instance you choose an 11J rear wheel with +8 Offset. Yes you could have a 275 tyre on there, but it will stick outside of the Arch.

So this is why we need information before we can help.

Yes Mitz has said so and so sizes work, but that's if you go with the wheels he supplies etc.

The ones I'm looking at say offset: ET40 front & rear (no idea what that means)

No sign of any number like 11J - what's that called and I'll ask about it?

Cheers!

et40 might not fit over your brakes as the mounting face is to close to the spokes with et40

11j is the 95j in 19x9.5 its the width of the wheel in inches

Would that be different for non-Brembo? I'm JDM calipers...

Oh ok, so I'm 8.5J ET40 for 245/35/19 and 9.5J ET40 for 275/35/19

As it hasn't been mentioned (and I am trying to help here), the profile is important because if you get it wrong, the traction control throws a fit

Yeah my TC chucked a fit when I first got the car cos someone left it with undersized tyres ridiculously stretched.

I'd assume that both 30 and 35 are in the sensible TC range for 19" 245 and 275 though?

Have another look at the vid in post 46 ... that will tell you that fit (for instance over calipers) is dependant on wheel design more than offset

Have another look at the vid in post 46 ... that will tell you that fit (for instance over calipers) is dependant on wheel design more than offset

see how close to the caliper this spoke design gets and then do a 'what if the spoke was concave rather than convex'

IMG_0222.jpg

The tyres you want are 245/35/19 and 275/35/19. Dont worry about what anyone else says, we're right :)

As for wheels to fit, as others have said, the width is only one part of the fitment, there's is also the offset and spoke design. So unless you give links to the wheels we can help no further.

However you're talking about et40 wheels at the moment. They may squeeze in with JDM callipers, but they will look @*!#!