Suggestion, as requested.

Simplify the for sale regulations.

Minimum 15 posts is fine. But that's it. Let members advertise their wares without silly restrictions and complications.

No photo requirement. I can't easily get a good photo of underneath my car, eg.

I don't do photo sites. Many of us don't.

Those wishing to buy can request a photo, if need be.

Let's keep it simple and easy, like the 2 USA forms I moderate on.

That's ridiculous. The rules are there for the protection of other members. It stops people "selling" things they don't have. If you don't like it, you know where the cross to close the screen is. If you moderate two other forums you should know the importance of keeping members happy. On all the forums I go on you see people posting saying "don't buy from "xyz member" they didn't send the item but I paid them. Never seen it on here once. You're clearly a bit oversensitive on this matter.

• Like 1

So when you advertise to me a set of wheels or an exhaust or a spoiler etc,

I pay, you send the said product, - Turns out to be wrong brand, wrong size, wrong condition to your 'honest' description. How pi**ed off is the buyer going to be?

At the end of the day everyone wants to see what they are buying. Without you proving you own said product, you could take anybody's money etc.

• Like 1

I would hadly say the restrictions are silly at all. Everybody wants to see what they are buying before parting with their money so everyone would probably request photos anyway.

As for taking a photo under your car, then just wait until you've taken your exhaust off to sell?

hey i put pics up bloke came inspected items paid left went home with the items then bitched i ripped him off, if that happens with photos god knows what will happen with out

Edited by StevoD

I would hadly say the restrictions are silly at all. Everybody wants to see what they are buying before parting with their money so everyone would probably request photos anyway.

As for taking a photo under your car, then just wait until you've taken your exhaust off to sell?

This, how do you know there isn't a hole in it, rotting away, loose bracket/gaskets etc, or when taking it off something snaps and breaks?
  • Like 1

At the end of the day its a free service to use the For Sale section so if you don't like the rules then don't use the service, its as simple as that. Go use other sites that have "less restrictive" rules or pay for it on ebay.

• Like 1

the rules have been approved by forum members and it prevents scamming. The photo with username proves that the seller has the part. Scammers have be known in the US to collect a load of money from buyers when selling a load of parts from a part out and leaving with no trace. Members not receiving the purchased item and no way of getting a refund.

We do have the rules for a reason and not just for the sake of it. So any posts/threads that are selling which break those rules will be removed. Posts that try to get around the rules using found on ebay will also be removed

• Like 5

It takes about a minute to write your name on a piece of paper and put it next to the item you want to sell, I don't see the difficulty.

If you want to give it away for free then I believe the mods might let it slide?

As stated above - the rules we have adopted have been in place practically since the forums inception in 2006.

They have served the forum and its members well in that time.

I'm sorry you don't like them, but you're in the minority.

• Like 1

It takes about a minute to write your name on a piece of paper and put it next to the item you want to sell, I don't see the difficulty.

If you want to give it away for free then I believe the mods might let it slide?

yes, only if its free as no money is exchanged

On another note while we are on the subject. It gets on my goat a little when certain members get away with not putting a price and instead list something like "£offers". That is in effect an auction, whoever PM's the highest offer will get it.

What are you selling under your car that you can't get a picture of?

Std Exhaust

Can't he just take a picture with the note stuck to the bumper or laying on the ground beneath it? I managed to get pictures of my mid pipe when I was trying to get a better look at where it was blowing. Just means you have to get on your belly and use the flash.

Simplify the for sale regulations.

I don't do photo sites. Many of us don't.

I think that's the main issue Kyle

Which is weird, for a car forum expert

Precisely :wacko:

However, he can always attach the photo if he makes it small enough :D

On another note while we are on the subject. It gets on my goat a little when certain members get away with not putting a price and instead list something like "£offers". That is in effect an auction, whoever PM's the highest offer will get it.

that was dealt with not so long back and is no longer permitted after we had a pole voted by you lot

• Like 1

It to me just seems easier and safer to have the rules in place as asked for.

On the Skyline forum you can stuck stuff up for sale without photos and all you end up with are members posting numerous posts asking to see pictures, which the seller then responds to via a PM, probably dozens of times, surely for the sellers sake it easier to just post it up once on the thread? I don't understand the logic not to do this :surrender: it just wastes everyones time, no one is going to buy stuff blind, there might be the odd occasion but generally people like to see what they are buying.

As said previously, you are getting a free space to advertise stuff for sale to targeted customers - not many places you can do that so effectively. The rules are not difficult, taking photos and posting them on hosting sites is as easy as signing up and posting on a forum - can't see how that is a problem.

It to me just seems easier and safer to have the rules in place as asked for.

On the Skyline forum you can stuck stuff up for sale without photos and all you end up with are members posting numerous posts asking to see pictures, which the seller then responds to via a PM, probably dozens of times, surely for the sellers sake it easier to just post it up once on the thread? I don't understand the logic not to do this :surrender: it just wastes everyones time, no one is going to buy stuff blind, there might be the odd occasion but generally people like to see what they are buying.

This drives me up the wall when people are breaking there cars!

People ask is so and so available.

Then OP Replies with 'I've PM'd you'

2 Days later, someone else asks the same question etc.

If it was me I'd end up making a list of what everyone has asked and cross it off once sold etc, saves everyone time and hassle.