Passenger Airbag Light - Still cannot reset after key reset procedure

jollyranchers

Had an MOT last week and the tester moved the passenger seat which resulted in the air bag light flashing

Ive tried the key off on thing about 30 times and its having none of it , checked / unplugged connectors under seat and still no joy

Can anyone offer anything else to try ?

Normally when Ive had this before the key thing works , really dont want to have my pants pulled down at the main dealers

Hmmmm......does sound like something is 'adrift' given the coincidence of the light flashing after the tester moved the passenger seat, and as Alex ^^^^ says it may well be that the OEM connectors have rusted up or similar to prevent good contacts and using new connections (and another reset procedure) might deal with the problem?

Right , Ive been back under the seat had the yellow connector apart under passenger seat cleaned the contacts pulled / pushed with screwdriver to try and make a better connection

Done 2 ECU resets doing the pedal dance and its still having none of it

I can easily cut out the connectors however after reading this thread got a bit worried !!

http://www.350z-uk.c...ag-connections/

Where are the resistors in the plugs ? , I thought the plugs were just connecting two wires ?

Edited by jollyranchers

Ok

After some serious playing with the plugs on both drivers side and passenger side and trying this procedure It has finally reset thank god :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Using a stopwatch is not necessary. I used the method below -

Flashing Blinking Airbag Warning Light Reset Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 , and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

Edited by jollyranchers
  • Like 2

Unless you have an air bag fault then I would reckon that the issue lies below the passenger seat.

Might be a plan to cut out the connector and just fit bullet or spade connectors.

Alex. :)

Have to agree with Alex, Ive had this problem off and on for the first couple of years with my Z, if it comes back and in my case it did several times, I had my wiring soldered together that completely stops the problem.

• 1 year later...