how can you tell a fake Nismo radiator cap?

RDON

Probably fake, but also probably made in the same factory in China. Don't think that the genuine Nismo are hand crafted in Japan from melted samurai swords... just priced like they are! :lol:

Edited by Paddy78
  • Like 1

cost £15 , but no where on the advert did it say it was a copy, or style etc etc totally seller as a Nismo rad cap! im not putting it on that's for sure! don't fancy it failing half way down the road..... grrrrr

Probably fake, but also probably made in the same factory in China. Don't think that the genuine Nismo are hand crafted in Japan from melted samurai swords... just priced like they are! :lol:

Not true Paddy, they are made in the Nissan factory with Nissan quality control. :thumbs:

Not true Paddy, they are made in the Nissan factory with Nissan quality control. :thumbs:

Fair enough, I did not know that! :thumbs:

• Like 1

cost £15 , but no where on the advert did it say it was a copy, or style etc etc totally seller as a Nismo rad cap! im not putting it on that's for sure! don't fancy it failing half way down the road..... grrrrr

It'll be fake. I think these go for about £85 officially. It probably won't fall off though, plenty of people on here have them on their cars.

Mine as well! My point is (not this cap in particular) that most things made at same factory by same machines/people from same materials and just got different labels...and depending on the label - you pay the price! If they sold you that exact cap for £85 instead of £15 - you would never think twice and just fit to your car.

I don't know mate, probably yes... But unless you have 2 in hand - you won't know. When I bought mine - I just thought I give it a go...you can't buy a lot for £15 these days, so worse case scenario I could've just binned it...when it arrived - it looked nice, I've checked it and compared to OEM one - and couldn't fault it! Fitted perfectly...2 years later - still 100% fine!

Why would you want a Nismo one anyway

when you don't have a Nismo Zed,

Nobody can see the "Nismo" logo on it until you open the bonnet

and then its such a small piece of the overall engine

unless you point out to "people".."seen my Nismo cap"..???

nobody is going to notice..!! :scare: :scare:

Just buy a genuine one from Clark Motorsport if you have to replace it.. :thumbs:

• Like 3

I am doing the engine bay dress up mods and the Nismo is nice and shiny and will work with other bits I intend to put it in plus a genuine one would increase the cooling efficiency because it allows internal more pressure through its valve.

• Like 1